Footy Signings that have impressed you...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:45 Thu 28 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Please name any transfers that you have been impressed with and will have a big impact for their team next season or players who just think were a good price for their potential.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:51 Thu 28 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I think Man Utd have been wise in the transfer market this summer with the purchases of Edwin Van Der Sar and Park Ji Sung.

Firstly, Edwin Van Der Sar although he is 34 is still one of the best goalkeepers around and is very tall so can stretch very well for shots and when it comes to penalties theres not many goalkeepers you can compare him with. I think we'll find he is going to be the best player Ferguson has tested in goal since the departure of Schmeichel but being 34 he is only a short term player who I expect to last no longer than 2 seasons.

Secondly, In Park Ji Sung They have secured the services of the best Asian player around probably ever and he has huge potential to make himself a big name in England's top league after having signed from another big club, PSV.

Gava
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:53 Thu 28 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Emre-Newcastle
Parker-Newcastle
Davids?-Tottenham
Viera-Juventus
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:57 Thu 28 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeh I agree with the first three there not so sure about Vieira though, I think hes overated but we'll see I guess.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:02 Thu 28 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I think Blackburn's signing of Craig Bellamy for £6million was a bargain, quality player.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:20 Wed 3 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
liverpools signing of zenden on a free could be seen as a very good signing
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:22 Wed 3 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Maxy, you first three were wrong. Parker is alright I spose.

Stead-Sunderland
Zenden-Liverpool
Stubbs-Sunderland
Cba to think of anymore
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:23 Wed 3 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
im goin to have to say chelsea sealing da signature of shaun wright-phillips is a quality buy as he is probably the best midfielder around. his pace is electric 4 a guy hu is onli 5ft 5 inch tall he is amazin!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:27 Wed 3 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
nunez-liverpool

lol only messing he was awful
cool_dude
cool_dude
17:07 Wed 3 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
lol they av sold him i fink
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:13 Wed 3 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
lol hense the reason I said was
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:42 Fri 5 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
SCOTT PARKER
EMRE!!
COCO! ON HIS WAY! WORLD CLASS INTERNATIONAL FOR ITALY ....LEFT BACK! FROM INTER MILAN ;-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:49 Fri 5 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
calm down before you have a seizure
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:07 Fri 5 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
im still amazed no1 bought andre schevchenko! he is da best striker in da world n yet no1 has bought im shocking! Also jermaine jenas mite b quitting newcastle if he does der will b a massive battle to sign him n he wud b a very gd buy as he has got bags of potential
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:39 Fri 5 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
up the celts
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:43 Sat 6 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i have to agree nearly completely with gava.

i am definately not a man u fan but the signings of Edwin Van Der Sar and Park Ji Sung are quality.

Park is amazing player with emormous potential under good management (he just needs more composure in front of goal) hes like a little dynamo but he shoots and usually comes off his shin and ends up near corner flag. really excited about seeing him play (tho how hell fit into man u's setup still remains to be seen.

van der sar needs little explanation apart from tried, tested and always passed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:51 Sat 6 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
gava: and when it comes to penalties theres not many goalkeepers you can compare him with.

true, but since when did teams get penalties against Manchester Utd?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:42 Sat 6 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, many big games go to penalties...Last year's FA Cup Final come's to mind.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:56 Mon 8 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
toon armys signings-possibly owen or boa: we will do well
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Footy Signings that have impressed you...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.