why do people criticise green day soo much???

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:51 Fri 4 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
i personally cant c y!!i love their music old n new!!i seen them live this year in february n it has made me realise how much beta they actually are!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:22 Sat 5 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
greenday ive been into since 89/90? i think it was, they have been on my stereo frequently ever since. their new stuff isnt that much different and i actually love the anti american anti establishment direction now but their singles are cool but the albums to me are dropping, i can sit and listen to kerpunk, 1039 smoothed out all way thru and have done for so many years, the newer ones just dont have the album feel (or maybe im getting older)

although i dont think its strange for people to criticise later work as its done with mjority of bands that has a generous life span, bands arnt often like fine wines, but some are. if i think of most of my fav music, its nearly always the 1st or 2nd albums which i prefer.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:23 Sat 5 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
not counting the beatles of course
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:32 Sun 6 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
cant stand them myself soz

ToMMy $h££r1n!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:51 Mon 7 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
new album is prob there worst!
like waht phase said, i just cant listen 2 it like i can international superhits
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:56 Mon 7 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
well i think the new album is gr8, international superhits wasn't as gd, but i hadn't really listened to them b4 the american idiot album so its the 1st i'd heard of them so i'm more likely to like it, if u know wot i mean
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:15 Mon 7 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
i no wot u mean but its not as good as there early stuff
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:31 Mon 7 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
basket case is easily their best song, please dont try and argue
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:06 Mon 7 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
geek stink breath is in my oppinion
raiden
raiden
18:00 Mon 7 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't hate the band, I hate the people that just think they've formed, when really they formed in 1989. (People like squeezy, also tommy_da_biz for; rating 'em on American Idiot)
Random Person - "Hey, you like Green Day?"
Me - "Yeah, they're cool band."
Random Person - "Cool!!!! American Idiot is their best song!!!!!!"
And what's with that other guitarist with 'em on live shows? Also the fact that they're using their mainstream fame to sell older albums for more money, I remember seeing the old American Idiot advert also advertising "International Superhits!" at the end aswell..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:44 Tue 8 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
new stuff is s**t

u say 2 chavs' do u like greenday?'
they answer back' yea kid, there awsum'
'what do u think is there best song?'
'the song that i 4got the name of kid, that new one'

and they think there greenday fans!
pathetic

compare 2 the old stuff american idiot is w**k
songs like geek stink breath,waiting,warning,brain stew,minority report etc
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:06 Tue 8 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
yep agreed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:32 Tue 8 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
totally agreed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:36 Tue 8 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
tnx buds

fact though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:51 Tue 8 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
raiden ur rong, i knew that they formed in 1989, they had quite a long break or sumthin b4 american idiot 2 dint they, which would b y i aint heard most their stuff, i personnaly haven't heard their earlier stuff and therefore can't say whether its better or worse, As for International Superhits, i haven't actualy listened 2 it much but from what i've heard i prefer american idiot (album), an i gotta agree minority and basket case r v.gd
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:23 Wed 9 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Naa... poprocks and coke is probs my fave song... they are an excellent band... gotta love 'em... amazing live show too.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:04 Wed 9 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
Part of the reasen people dont like green days new stuff is because they have gone more mainstream.

this irritates me beyond belief some people think that if a band are mainstream they are sellouts and they cant like them becuase there known, and its cool to like rare and unknown bands

Green days new album is not brilliant but its not completely **** either, its new and different and if you dont like it then fine, thats cool but that is your opinion and other people have different opinions, people need to remember that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:51 Wed 9 Mar 05 (GMT)  [Link]  
well they are having another break now cuz one of um has got throat cancer....so my sis says neway...another 4 years an we'll have another album!!
greenday
greenday
16:30 Tue 5 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
GREENDAY ROCK
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:48 Tue 5 Apr 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Dont like them. I like 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' and 'Holiday' however.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

why do people criticise green day soo much???

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.