Apparent cheating, or is it?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:40 Wed 13 Sep 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Iv been approached today, and asked if i would like to help each others stats! I said no and went without asking questions, but i want to know now why someone would do this! Iv also recently played a few ''pros'' and won with extreme ease! Am i really that good? No i dont think so! But what can we do about these ppl that want the glory of being a pro without actually doing the hardwork, my guess is nothing! Ne mind, on and upwards lads (and ladies).

Edited at 16:40 Wed 13/09/06 (BST)
martin_blank
martin_blank
11:48 Wed 13 Sep 06 (BST)  [Link]  
If anyone approaches you with this kind of offer, please press the 'send complaint' button to inform admin.

And don't worry. Something is done. Anybody caught cheating may have their stats reset, or possibly be banned.

Advertisement
THE MODERATING DEPARTMENT - WORKING TO CLEAR THE TABLES OF CRIME
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:50 Wed 13 Sep 06 (BST)  [Link]  
lol ty martin! Sorry i was busy when this happened and had to leave! Otherwise i would of told you, he knows who he is, i sharnt name and shame, not my style!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:38 Mon 30 Oct 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
it's ok sending a complaint but there's only 3 choices of complaint u can send & cheating aint 1 of them & it seems 2 me 2 be 1 rule for 1 person & another for every1 else as i know of some1 who was or still is cheating & he got found out but was not banned & no points were deducted from him but any1 else i have heard of cheating have been banned why is it ok 4 this 1 person??? theres an admin who knows who i'm talking about as the saying goes it came from the horses mouth.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:10 Tue 31 Oct 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
If there was evidence that someone was cheating then they would of been banned/points deducted! It's ok knowing ppl cheat, but you have to catch em at it!! Have you sent a complaint about this person? on complaints there are other reasons as a choice of complaint, not just the 3 as you say!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:14 Tue 31 Oct 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well, if you actually 'know' someone is cheating you dont have to catch them at it. I also believe there is slight inconsistency in dealing with different users.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:33 Tue 31 Oct 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is it classed as cheating if someone just wants to give their points away???
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:39 Tue 31 Oct 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
yup. i lost about 15 games in a row once and the mod warned me! i was angry enough and that tipped me over the edge......
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:53 Tue 31 Oct 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's what i was gonna mention, what if you lost loadsa games in a row, surely you can't be warned for playing bad!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:59 Tue 31 Oct 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well i was. and i was angry. It was ages ago tho.
martin_blank
martin_blank
10:17 Tue 31 Oct 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
What mods/admins look for in a losing streak is the manner of defeat. For example, if somebody loses twenty consecutive games by fouls on the black, then it's obviously suspect. Each case is looked at and discussed, and we make absolutely sure that there's no possible doubt before taking action.

You are certainly entitled to play rubbish, so carry on as you were Dave.

Edited at 16:17 Tue 31/10/06 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:02 Tue 31 Oct 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ladies and Gentlemen:

A few words to congratulate whoever is responsible for this site as it is the best pool site I have found so far. The moderators also do a great job and are very pleasant for the most part.
I decided to write because I also was approached by one of the top 3 players here who offered to let me have points under his other nick if I let him win
by missing on the black on purpose!
I did not even know that people could have more than one nick at the time! But it is obvious that many do.

I found this outrageous and disapointing and I proceeded to beat him 5-2 in us8!
Needless to say, I am not going to give up any names as I dont see the benefit of it.
Peace!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:25 Tue 31 Oct 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
OK if you didnt send a complaint or will not tell the admins the offenders name. Then what is the benefit of your post? Very dubious.
spinner
spinner
Admin
18:46 Tue 31 Oct 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
He never said he wasn't telling the admins, he (or she) quite rightly didnt name the user here on the forums.

Nice to see a sensible post of this kind for a change!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:11 Tue 31 Oct 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
That wasnt made clear. Saying he wont give up the name implies he wont tell the admins....Are you argueing for arguements sake?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:52 Wed 1 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I thought that was what spinner stood for!
spinner
spinner
Admin
07:03 Wed 1 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
LOL certainly not. But even if the poster didnt "tell" them, by posting that on the forum, the admin team can have a look at the players history and pick up on it that way...

I wasn't arguing, i was pointing out that it was nice to see a well thought out post on such a subject!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:10 Wed 1 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Strange, I can't find any records of those games you won.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:12 Wed 1 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hoi martin!!!

I do not play rubbish ok?!!?!?!?!?

I play terrible.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:42 Wed 1 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Magicblack,
The main point is not the score but the ilegal proposition made to me by one of the top players here who has more than one name and uses his lowered ranked name to build his better ranked name through cheating as I am willing to speculate that some other people might cooperate with such scheme. No big deal for me really. It's just a game and win or lose I still have to go to work tomorrow.
I mentioned it because I thought it had to do with the topic at hand.
The fact I dont recall the score or the name I was using then does not demerit the fact I mentioned.
Poor police work I say.

Peace
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Apparent cheating, or is it?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.