Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:43 Wed 1 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
''or the name I was using''

You use multiple accounts too?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:52 Wed 1 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
May be a previous name that he owned before creating a new one, deleting a name and the creating a new one doesn't class as having multiple accounts.

I don't see the point in winning games in this way, it only results in you having offers from better players and then losing awfuly to them as you're not used to playing a decent opponent.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:23 Thu 2 Nov 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Don't worry quavadis i get your point!!

Next time though send the chat window to admin so he doesn't go unpunished!
He doesn't happen to be named after a footy team?
Don't answer!! lol!!
hotcoles
hotcoles
04:28 Thu 7 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Has anyone mentioned the fact that alot of top players, in general not all, seem to cheat at U.K. 8 by deliberately fouling? I understand that in "World Rules" a deliberate foul is allowed but since the U.K. 8 on this site appears to be Old E.P.A. rules it angers me when I have beaten someone tactically and they go and just pot balls that I have covered pockets with?? Anyone else find this annoying or am I just being a little sensitive? lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:47 Thu 7 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not at all, if you've 'beaten them tactically' surely you can clear with 2 shots?
nick
nick
Admin
10:00 Thu 7 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Problem is it's nearly impossible for a computer to detect deliberate fouls, so there's little we can do.

In future one possibilitiy is we could allow saving and forwarding off deliberate foul shots to arbitration staff who could review it.
spinner
spinner
Admin
12:08 Thu 7 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
I was gonna start typing all over again, but whats the point :http://www.funkypool.com/viewTopic.do?topicid=8742

martin_blank
martin_blank
12:15 Thu 7 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Rasp splutter, hang on, raaaassssp, i'll be alright in a minute pal. COUGH.

The thing is, as per spinner's link, they're not illegal anyway, are they?

Wheeze
pool_life
pool_life
12:16 Thu 7 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
spinner
spinner
Admin
12:36 Thu 7 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
martin_blank said:

The thing is, as per spinner's link, they're not illegal anyway, are they?

Wheeze

LOL. Exactly!

But then some people love to make a fuss about nothing

(just remembering i'm supposed to be a wind-up merchant, but i seem to be slipping!)

And, for the record (as i'm sure Nick will confirm), the rules used on UK 8 ball on here aren't the Old EPA rules, but Funkypool Rules!
nick
nick
Admin
13:48 Thu 7 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
The UK 8 Ball rules were as an amalgamation of the most common rules played by English pub level players. So, yes they are funkypool specific rules!

A couple of rules had to be changed, eg 2 shots are allowed on the black because people were taking advantage of the 1 shot rule.

However I always believed a deliberate foul in UK pool was an automatic loss?

A player who clearly fails to make any attempt to play a ball of their own group will lose the game. from old EPA rules. And similar If a player breeches the "Spirit of the Game" to such an extent that the frame (or match) should be awarded to the opponent. from world rules.

Now can someone tell me why I'm arguing that funkypool is wrong?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:07 Thu 7 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
cluesless, i don't know why the rules should be changed they are perfect the way they are!
spinner
spinner
Admin
02:00 Fri 8 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:

*snipped*

However I always believed a deliberate foul in UK pool was an automatic loss?

A player who clearly fails to make any attempt to play a ball of their own group will lose the game. from old EPA rules. And similar If a player breeches the "Spirit of the Game" to such an extent that the frame (or match) should be awarded to the opponent. from world rules.

Now can someone tell me why I'm arguing that funkypool is wrong?

Well it seems you are mixing up standard and serious(abusive) fouls.

Standard EPA rules (from at least 1991) : Deliberate fouls are not punished over and above the punishment for the foul itself (except for abusive fouls such as deliberately moving balls with the hand)

All the serious fouls (breaking the spirit of the game) are impossible in Funkypool, as mentioned on the other thread.

<cont, i know there aint enough room!>
spinner
spinner
Admin
02:06 Fri 8 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Abusive Fouls:

1 - Playing out of turn.
2 - Striking a ball other than the cue ball
3 - moving balls other than which may result from playing a normal shot.
4 - striking the Cue Ball with other than the tip of the cue.
5 - Jumping the cue ball over another ball (lots of clubs ignore this one - grrrrr)
6 - Deliberately interfering, by word or action, so as to disrupt an opponents play.

However, obviously, none of the above are possible in Funkypool so the "loss for serious foul" isn't an issue.

(people who get the "pm in front of the game" issue may try to argue for no.6, but then they can easily ignore pms if they are that bothered!)

After all, as long as people are getting wins for GB's (which are almost universally a loss, and never more than a re-rack) you cant really complain can you
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:52 Fri 8 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
At the end of the day,
Nick do you really want to sit in front of your computer all day deciding what was going through the head of a player when he made a supposed deliberate foul. Then replying to all the angry e-mails telling you your wrong.
hotcoles
hotcoles
04:16 Fri 8 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Firstly a public apology to Jed Barker, Im big enough to say sorry np. Two things though, no excuses but my reasons. 1: I was unaware that I had already opened a can of worms that was the thread pointed out by spinner, because I am reletively new to the site. For the same reason number 2: I was also unaware, til now, that funkypool was a combo of both old EPA rules and World Rules...thus now I know I stand corrected and will ahhere to the fact that deliberate fouls are an accepted evil in funkypool and part of the rules... wether in the "spirit of the game" or not I guess it matters not, case closed. Lets see what happens now......
nick
nick
Admin
09:28 Fri 8 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
http://www.epa.org.uk/rules.php

The old EPA rules do mention that you lose the game though, and do not mention the rules you quoted, spinner?

magicblack said:
At the end of the day, Nick do you really want to sit in front of your computer all day deciding what was going through the head of a player when he made a supposed deliberate foul. Then replying to all the angry e-mails telling you your wrong.

Certainly not. When I play with friends and / or league deliberate foul is always a frame loss....

As far as I'm aware the only game that you can play a deliberate foul on is 9 ball.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:35 Fri 8 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
You can't have that rule on this game though...

Nick your gonna have to become a full time referee for this game...

Unlucky mate
nick
nick
Admin
10:09 Fri 8 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nah, will have a members arbitration comittee to sort out what's a deliberate foul. Then electric shock treatment administered through the mouse for people who do it. (Once we're sure on the rules!)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:13 Fri 8 Dec 06 (GMT)  [Link]  
Can i be the one to deliver the electric shock treatment?

I won't abuse it.........honest

*looks at members bar and gives a fiendish laugh*
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Apparent cheating, or is it?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.