FBL discussion (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19495
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:24 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I like the experiment with 3 fixtures in 3 weeks. I've thought about this in the past and am interested to see if it works well.
horse10000
horse10000
01:33 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Playing everyone twice and 20 fixtures is far too much, people will get bored after the first few fixtures as there will only be a 2 or 3 teams max in with a chance of winning the rest of the fixtures will be meaningless.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:41 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It has yet to be tried, so lets give it a bash! I have tried to condense it into 3 weekly deadlines so before we all start the moaning let us see how it pans out. If it doesn't work then I shall admit I made a mistake!

And with the added element of playing each other twice it gives you a chance to get your own back on a clan that might have beaten you.
horse10000
horse10000
01:43 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just realises it finishes on the 1st of April, must be an April fool posted early as no one would do this for real
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:45 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Only one fool I see here - Now off to watch TOWIE!
horse10000
horse10000
01:46 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes me too
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:52 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Is Killer for each match expected too?
horse10000
horse10000
01:52 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So we now have 2 leagues finishing in December and one finishing in April, let's look forward to the chaos when fcl and super league finishes and clans fold and players move clans, the fbl will end up a mess as it would have finished at the same time if it had kept to playing everyone once.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:58 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just seems a hell of a lot to expect players to devote more of their time.

SL - 4 matches per fixture (2 sides entered)

FCL - 2 matches per fixture

FBL - 3 matches per Fixture set, (3 week Deadline, practically means 1 week per fixture)

Don't you think this is a little excessive? Players want to play for a team but not devote their entire LIFE to it.
horse10000
horse10000
02:02 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

FBL - 3 matches per Fixture set, (3 week Deadline, practically means 1 week per fixture)

Don't you think this is a little excessive? Players want to play for a team but not devote their entire LIFE to it.

No problem with 3 fixtures in 3 weeks as for all clan games you get 1 week per fixture. SL 2 in 2 weeks, FCL 2 in 2 weeks. The major problem is you will lose half your clan when FCL and SL finish, yet you still have 3 months of FBL to play. It is the playing each other twice that doesn't work.
cke1982
cke1982
02:44 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
should give this a try before moaning and see how it goes always new ideas come in and people shoot them down all the time with out trying them
erigert
erigert
02:56 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i suppose this will have two transfer windows right?
franer_
franer_
03:05 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
seems confused..

no vote...we just told to do
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:06 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i suppose this will have two transfer windows right?

I was thinking as it was long enough to revert back to a players getting 1 free pass into another clan
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:06 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
seems confused..

no vote...we just told to do

I haven't the time for a vote - idea has been suggested before, lets just give it a try please
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:07 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

No problem with 3 fixtures in 3 weeks as for all clan games you get 1 week per fixture. SL 2 in 2 weeks, FCL 2 in 2 weeks. The major problem is you will lose half your clan when FCL and SL finish, yet you still have 3 months of FBL to play. It is the playing each other twice that doesn't work.

I tried to arrange a schedule with the FCL, which I thought I had sorted with pirate_steve but they just did their own thing anyway - so I am doing mine.
erigert
erigert
03:07 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
probably i quit clans till 1st of April so it seems a very long time for me lol

i like the three weeks deadline with three games to play, but playing each team twice is something i cant understand
franer_
franer_
03:08 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
5 days past no word on fbl thread....

that's was long enough to ask for a vote..

my opinion..its wrong.
horse10000
horse10000
03:13 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  

I tried to arrange a schedule with the FCL, which I thought I had sorted with pirate_steve but they just did their own thing anyway - so I am doing mine.

Your own thing is making a clan league last almost 6 months, it is far too long and you won't have clans in it by the end of it
cke1982
cke1982
03:29 Mon 14 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
probably i quit clans till 1st of April so it seems a very long time for me lol

i like the three weeks deadline with three games to play, but playing each team twice is something i cant understand

lol people where saying they wanted to play people twice
Pages: 19495
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FBL discussion (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.