FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:32 Thu 15 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Ah well, maybe I will just have to keep hold of my players better!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:00 Sun 18 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL - Fixture Set 8

This is the FCL finale with both the FCL and 'Division 2' titles still up for grabs!!

Games released now and can be found here...

http://thefcl.weebly.com/fixture-set-8-phase-2.html

Deadline for completion is Midnight UK on Sunday 1st June 2014
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:12 Mon 19 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
FCL - Fixture Set 7

The following games were not completed by last's deadline. In order to simply update the League Table, the following nominal defaults have been allocated based on the apparent facts and activity. I don't claim they are perfect.

Should any of the clans involved wish to provide further information which they think materially affects their own scores, please can they let me have it as soon as possible and the default panel will sit.

Thanks

Wolf Pack v Underdogs

emmajackson 0 - 0 hardy202
n_robertson 0 - 0 garethclin
tbagger 1 - 3 mrfent

Monkey Business v Ballbreakers

drewdt3 2 - 4 jig_saw

Wolf Pack v Monkey Business

funky_king 2 - 2 2awesome2win
alex_lewis 14 - 1 its_me
(3-1 at point its_me left the game)

Edited at 12:05 Mon 19/05/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:40 Thu 22 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
It just dawned on me ive not seen the discussion pop up on the main page for a bit. I checked. 6 days for FBL discussion thread and three days for FCL. The point being I was seen as the big bad man for ruining the leagues and making Hitler and her partner quit. I think it has shown that this was most definitely the right thing to do. Before the season finishes in the next week or so I would like to say a huge congrats to the team that are currently running the league. No bans, no interfering and the biggest issue on this thread was stuff that isn't even currently in place. It has been the most enjoyable season for me for a while and in turn it had provided the closest run competition in all leagues you could likely ever get. I hope in continues in this great vein for a long time to come.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:53 Thu 22 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Agree with most of that, it has been a very close, and also congrats to the team running it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:56 Thu 22 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I have noticed however, that the last 2 weeks have been pleasantly quiet. The reason for this I don't know, I have my theories, but what does it matter.

I hope this continues, and for all players to really enjoy the end of the season, and all the best to the teams fighting for the titles
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:39 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Is the League table on website a LIVE one?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:17 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Its correct to end of last fixtures. Not easy to do a live one with the Bonus points allocation, the best you can achieve is an 'as it stands' table whereby it would show the positions as if the latest current scores were to be final scores.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:19 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah that would be good.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:22 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I'll add it underneath the accurate one now.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:33 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I'll add it underneath the accurate one now.

Thanks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:35 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Its actually above it now!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:38 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
That includes bonuses also chris i am guessing?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:40 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes it includes bonuses awarded as if the current scores now were the final scores next Sunday night.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:42 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Looking good for all teams involved, as a lot of scores are very close, so big swings in points could happen!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:48 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
a Live Table could be done but it takes weeks of hard work, for example here is Snookers Version: http://funkysnookerclanleague.weebly.com/clan-league1.html , It is at Season end now but i have done it on a separate sheet where Golden Cue updates automatically as well.

Once its been moved to Docs (perhaps in a week or two time) then i can send it to Pool Runners should they wish to use it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:58 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
What's there now is a live table. It is based on all games currently played and bonuses awarded based on those scores. It also now shows the numbers of racks left for each clan.

If you don't include the potential bonus allocations from the final games then any table is misleading.

Also think it looks smarter than the Snooker one!!

Edited at 13:02 Fri 23/05/14 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:03 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
np, on my new one it shows Frames Remaining but it takes away the Bonus Part of it so for example lets say 50 is the maximum with 10 bonus points. It shows 60 but takes away the 10 bonus assuming you have it or not completed all your games so actually shows 50 remaining which is the frames

Edit: pfffff
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:07 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
np, on my new one it shows Frames Remaining but it takes away the Bonus Part of it so for example lets say 50 is the maximum with 10 bonus points. It shows 60 but takes away the 10 bonus assuming you have it or not completed all your games so actually shows 50 remaining which is the frames

But someone has already earned either the full bonus points, or a share if the fixture is level, even if not a single game more is completed. That's why it needs to be included in a 'live' table. It just means that everyone needs to be aware that the bonus situation is volatile and they could change hands after each and every result.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:11 Fri 23 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
On Snooker though its a Completion Bonus not a Win Bonus, On Pool i would have to find a way to edit the bonus accordingly.

Not sure of the formula yet to include Live Bonuses though as at the moment even if a clan didn't complete by the deadline, it would still include the Bonus, thats why i prefer to take the Bonus away from the standings.

I see what you mean though about it being misleading.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.