FCL - General Discussion

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19596
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:00 Wed 4 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Looks good then,just leave it as it is
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:36 Thu 5 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
People will always step down from any governing body when they feel that what they pursue cannot be reached. That is the democratic way of things.

He stepped down on his commission and his league running because he does not support a dictatorship in my opinion and was quite right to do so.
thegame26
thegame26
11:28 Thu 5 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
21:07 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
We need to think what's more important for next season, having a league full of clans or having a clan full of players?

At the moment its 16 players per clan which is brilliant, as it reduces the risk of defaults, but surely, if clans were reduced to 12 players, and fixtures were 6x6 rather than 8x8, there would be the same sort of reliability, but with more clans to compete against?

This has probably been proposed and covered again, but I'm just bouncing ideas off people.

What about something similar to the NFL Draft too? The bottom teams gets the pick of the best players, or would that be too complex lol?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:46 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I would say reduce teams to 12 or 14

If you lower games to 6 vs 6 then 10 or 12 i would say

On the other site, everyone dislikes so much, they have 6 games with 10 players and seems to work except the odd occasions where teams struggle for activity.

6 subs should be plenty for any team but 4 may work too, 8 is too much
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
21:49 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Would be tough for clans to kick players out to make a cut (if that was to happen, it would be best to be gradual over a few seasons). Though what stops a person being picked for a bottom clan and then deactivating. I don't think a draft works, lower clan numbers might work gradually if it was maybe 1 down a season.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
21:54 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah I never thought of that, of course people could deactivate and come back as a nobody, very good point Zak.

But yeah, I just think, if you have a 6 vs 6, less subs to be made and you probably only need a solid 10 reliable players to get fixtures done. But, I agree, no one would really want to cut their players out the team.
Maybe next season, cut to 14 players and either do 7vs7 or 6vs6?
punkpoet
punkpoet
22:00 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Would be tough for clans to kick players out to make a cut (if that was to happen, it would be best to be gradual over a few seasons). Though what stops a person being picked for a bottom clan and then deactivating. I don't think a draft works, lower clan numbers might work gradually if it was maybe 1 down a season.

Agreed PD's are full for next season so I'd not want to axe someone. So I say keep it to 16.
I do think new clans shouldn't just be allowed to join, I think the new runners should be allowed to say no to new clans if they fear they will have problems down the line? Little controversial?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:03 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think runners could do that anyway but thats why we used to have friendlies to try and root them out
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
22:05 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

Agreed PD's are full for next season so I'd not want to axe someone. So I say keep it to 16.
I do think new clans shouldn't just be allowed to join, I think the new runners should be allowed to say no to new clans if they fear they will have problems down the line? Little controversial?

I understand you're a tad apprehensive about the joining of a couple of new clans into the league, and naturally the possibility of them folding in a matter of weeks, but if that's the case, why not bring back the pre-season friendlies that we all love and enjoy? That will separate the men from the boys.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:06 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Then the friendlies didn't really weed out those who folded mid-season, and some clans tha would have no problem though the season didn't do as well as those mid season folders.

At that point they've lost all validity.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
22:06 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I just feel the more clans the better, it makes the season longer, and it offers more competition for places in the league.

Plus, I like causing arguements and then sitting back and watching you all fight like dogs
punkpoet
punkpoet
22:07 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well in the recent past a clan folded mid season, then reformed the next season. Though I think i'm going off subject lol.
But yeah keep it to 16 I think
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
22:09 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well in the recent past a clan folded mid season, then reformed the next season. Though I think i'm going off subject lol.
But yeah keep it to 16 I think

That's fair enough, but then maybe if that happens, there should be a rule not allowing that player to captain a clan for the following season, as punishment?
punkpoet
punkpoet
22:10 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I just feel the more clans the better, it makes the season longer, and it offers more competition for places in the league.

Well the problem with longer seasons is that newer clans seem to struggle to retain players over a current season.
As this season shown the other 3 clans in div 2 had about 10-12 and really gave me alot of work to work around them.
And 1 of these clans were very unhelpful even though it was there clans reliability at fault lol.
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
22:13 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Problem is, its always gonna be a nightmare, and especially the way the site is atm, we're always gonna struggle for reliability, unless something drastic happens, season after season, clans will dwindle down and it will be no more
punkpoet
punkpoet
22:17 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
We had 16 at the start and had 1 go inactive but had the same 16...
I know for newer clans it is difficult, though they made it through and looks like we will have 3 new clans.
So should be okay I reckon.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:17 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
How about a two season punishment for those who folded mid season in the past? If they fold mid season they could be issued with a two season ban from captaincy.

Subject to runners of course
jimmy_efc
jimmy_efc
22:21 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
That sounds good tbh James. I'll be honest, I want this Chips n Gravy to work more this time than ever. But players are so hard to come by, I have enough to get me by but it'll be by the skin of my teeth.
I've been looking back at our old threads and I've grown up a LOT since then lol. I've not got a patch on my old stupid self and I do miss it a bit lol.
Its a catch 22 though really, more clans, more fun, but more chance of clans folding. Its a risk but sometimes you've gotta take them.
erigert
erigert
23:08 Sat 7 Mar 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Numbers were reduced on snooker. No new clans but more defaults from it, so i say in no way numbers should be reduced. All teams will remove their less active players so no new clans will be formed.
Pages: 19596
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

FCL - General Discussion

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.