Windows 8.1 problem

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:10 Wed 22 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Has anyone else had problems with 8.1 ? I have new desktop ,which had windows 8 installed ...no problems at all with it . My son clicked to update to windows 8.1 , and now i have to restart comp. everytime to open new pages . Have tried removing windows updates , and system restore to before 8.1 was installed.
Have googled it and seems to be a problem with it, but how do i get 8.1 off my comp ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:18 Wed 22 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Click on the box where it says 'automatically update windows', there were 2 massive updates sent a few weeks back which every computer has the option to update too. Sounds like due to the recent upgrade it's not fully completing the update itself.

Every time you system restore it will think it's due the upgrade again and again.

Control Panel
Change Category to Small Icons
Windows Updates
Settings
Change drop down box from 'Install Updates Automatically (Recommended) to Never (bottom option)

Click Apply if that options available.

Job done.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:29 Wed 22 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Click on the box where it says 'automatically update windows', there were 2 massive updates sent a few weeks back which every computer has the option to update too. Sounds like due to the recent upgrade it's not fully completing the update itself.

Every time you system restore it will think it's due the upgrade again and again.

Control Panel
Change Category to Small Icons
Windows Updates
Settings
Change drop down box from 'Install Updates Automatically (Recommended) to Never (bottom option)

Click Apply if that options available.

Job done.
That was all done to start off with , got the massive updates then the problems started
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:37 Wed 22 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Ahh my point were when you do a system restore it will return the notion an update is still required. There have been numerous issues mentioned about windows 8.1 but I thought a patch had been done to iron them out?
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
14:26 Thu 23 Oct 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Has anyone else had problems with 8.1 ? I have new desktop ,which had windows 8 installed ...no problems at all with it . My son clicked to update to windows 8.1 , and now i have to restart comp. everytime to open new pages . Have tried removing windows updates , and system restore to before 8.1 was installed.
Have googled it and seems to be a problem with it, but how do i get 8.1 off my comp ?

You have to restart every time you open a new page? What do you define a new page as? For example, a new page on your internet browser, word document, file manager etc...
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Windows 8.1 problem

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.