I dont want to have a price tag....

Eri, you are worth 25 mil goats

I want to be valued in bitcoins...

54,882.17 Bitcoins

That will do lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:00 Mon 12 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I would use something like this: 10 x (frames won / frames played) x (matches played / half total matches)

using the players given above -

dvz - £10.9 million (41 points)
corsair - £9.6 million (36 points)
iam_me - £10.6 million (40 points)
raker - £10.6 million (40 points)

So a pretty terrible example of players to use at this point in time

Chucking some other players in who aren't currently scoring around the same:

punkpoet - £2.9 million (11 points)
kingdadcool - £4 million (15 points)
thegreatone7 - £3.2 million (12 points)
sillybilly - £5.9 (22 points)

This way, teams in theory should all have scored virtually the same in the previous season. So no advantage can be gained before the competition begins.

I wouldn't pay 10 mil for John xD
heyyy I'm not that bad I can play good when needed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:08 Wed 14 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
A slight flaw would be that if a player plays the better opponent every fixture or the weaker opponent every fixture then it would be very distorted but I do like the idea.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:07 Wed 14 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Good idea, but a few points I have;

I think 8 is too many. Only 8 teams so around 120 players (giving not everyone has a full roster). That's 6.6% of the players. Use fantasy football as an example, take the number as 25 (which is how many players have to be submitted to the BPL, albeit players under 21 don't have to be registered to play so some teams have more than 25) per team, picking a team of 15 (with subs) is 3% of the possible players. I'd reduce the number to a team of 6 (5%) for better variation (with one sub).

It would be hard to decide values based of the BPL site because they take a number of factors into consideration, i.e. position & team. However, I wouldn't necessarily base a players value purely off of their points total.

£100 million to spend in BPL on 15 players so £6.6 million each, perhaps give everybody £35 million to spend for a team of 6 (with one sub) .

I'd then give each team a base value for their players based on the results for this season. For example, an Uprising or Pro's player may start at £10 million, a XVTH man at £7 million and a F.P.D. at £5 million.

This is simlair to the BPL site, for example Falcao is currently £10.5 million with a return of 44 points whilst austin is £6.5 million with a return of 107 points.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:07 Wed 14 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
You could then adjust each price dependent on a players points return (much like the B.P.L.) using something similar to Zante's formula based on past results or you could do it via opinion poll.

I don't see any reason to exclude the other leagues, I'd do something simple like 1 point a frame, 1 point for participating in a fixture and 2 points for winning a game. If you do do purely FCL bare in mind that there is a split at the halfway point so you might want to allocate more points for the top teams in the second half.

Also one thing to bare in mind - The price changes on the B.P.L. site are not related to form but instead related to transfer activity. So if everyone suddenly binned Costa his price would plummet even though he is still scoring. They do it to stop saturation via one player which is why you will very rarely see above 40% ownership of a particular player.

I wouldn't keep track of it myself as it would be a heck of a lot of admin and you'd have to design a system where it works as above.

If you did want to make it more interesting you could have everyone submit their team for the FCL, FBL and Super League for the next lot of fixtures from their team of 6, although this would again require more work.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
19:52 Wed 14 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think the base value in the BPL is more based on the players real life value, rather than the team because you do get cheap players in big teams. (and the Falcao/Austin value would also have some basis in previous seasons where Falcao was the top striker in La Liga and did well in Ligue 1 considering his injury, Austin was in the championship).

I think you could give players a base score change depending on what team they are in because the players in the better clans are less likely to play top players.
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Fantasy Funkypool

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.