Merge sites (funkypool and funkysnooker)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
erigert
erigert
20:12 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I was thinking if both sites (funkypool and funkysnooker) can be a single site. That would increase the number of people who join tournaments, people who join clans and the numer of ranked games.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:31 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Why has this never been brought up before?!?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:54 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Are we talking one game window erigert?
erigert
erigert
20:57 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Are we talking one game window erigert?

Yes, one game window and one site too
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:30 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
sounds good but i don't fancy fighting with Keith over the league

Leagues would still have to be separate entities but the idea is good and may stop the "this is pool" etc as it would be the same site
turtle1560
turtle1560
21:37 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
You'd still manage to have entirely seperate leagues easily enough.. It could even facilitate a combined league too
erigert
erigert
21:38 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
sounds good but i don't fancy fighting with Keith over the league

Leagues would still have to be separate entities but the idea is good and may stop the "this is pool" etc as it would be the same site

Yeah Leagues can be seperate entities, and also we can have clans who compete only on pool or snooker leaguers ,or clans who would compete with the same name in both leagues .
erigert
erigert
21:39 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
You'd still manage to have entirely seperate leagues easily enough.. It could even facilitate a combined league too

A combined league would be great aswell
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:44 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Clan this,Clan that. Its not about clans. Keep them seperate.
erigert
erigert
21:48 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Clan this,Clan that. Its not about clans. Keep them seperate.

Its not all about clans.

For example 6 people joined the tourney on 5 pm on snooker and 9 people joined the one in pool. It could have been one single tournament with 15 players in it and it would have been far more competitive. Also the number or ranked games would increase
triple_b
triple_b
22:22 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
what would happen if the 2 sites are combined with people having 2 accounts and people having different profile names like me

also what would happen to all our stats ?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:25 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
im guessing everyone would be on 675, might be a full server reset.

wouldn't happen though unless nick finds some time from work
erigert
erigert
23:11 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
what would happen if the 2 sites are combined with people having 2 accounts and people having different profile names like me

Stats can remain the same, just imported to only one account. Everyone who has two accounts can choose which one to keep. I know it may take a lot of work but the benefit would be great i think
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:19 Sat 11 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Stats can remain the same, just imported to only one account. Everyone who has two accounts can choose which one to keep. I know it may take a lot of work but the benefit would be great i think

What if it can't be done mate?
erigert
erigert
00:09 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

What if it can't be done mate?

In what sense?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:16 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If nick isn't able to transfer ranks etc?

Also saw this but it was after i posted before

Can I transfer stats from one account to another?

In no cases can we transfer stats from one account to another. Stats are unique to the account that achieved the record. In any case any person should not have multiple accounts.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:19 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If you owned both sites, charged separate premium accounts for each and had advertisements running on both sites, would you merge them?

That would mean one set of ads and half the premium income.

Commercial suicide anyone?
_mich_
_mich_
00:28 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Wouldn't the server capacity be an issue?

Think something like this has been brought up before...

But as we were told a couple years back there would not be any new games being added due to the servers not being able to cope with them or something along those lines.

Adding for example snookers 5 other games (excluding killer, as that will be my next point) would probably kill the server.

And onto the killer point, played on different tables, different types of play really different pockets... something would have to be done about that rank, what table do you keep? Do you keep both? is there a point to keeping both?
buckjam
buckjam
00:30 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I like two seperate sites me self. I do think theres room for a mixed pool / snooker comp or league though. Might entice some pool players to snooker and vise versa.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
01:22 Sun 12 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If you owned both sites, charged separate premium accounts for each and had advertisements running on both sites, would you merge them?

That would mean one set of ads and half the premium income.

Commercial suicide anyone?

I agree here, I'm sure this concept has been explored before but keeping as separate entities appeared to be the more viable and plausible option.

I think having joint events could be a good avenue to explore but as for merging the two I can't personally see the benefit in it.

A lot of players prefer snooker, no arguments, more skill, power control, precision play and then there are those who like the skill factor mixed with huge elements of luck (pool).

The site atm is already dwindling as it is, merging the two would be catastrophic to say the least IMO.

Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Merge sites (funkypool and funkysnooker)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.