Phone Deals/Contracts Advice

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
01:17 Thu 27 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey everyone, hoping someone more tech savvy can clue me in a bit more on this.

I'm just at the end of my contract now, and I want to go onto a good sim only contract. Found the best one for me is on my current provider (Three), for £17 (Unl. Texts and data, and 200 mins) with 4G as standard. Only problem is my current phone (iPhone 4) doesn't support 4G so I'm also looking at upgrading to a 5s having been impressed with my girlfriend's, which I was planning to do anyway once I found a good deal.

I'm fairly certain the best way is to do things seperately like I am planning, but my question is this: What would be my best option to buy the phone?

Do I buy a new one online, buy a refurbished one, go through apple or wait till the new iPhone is out (supposedly next month) and let the prices drop.

Thanks in advance!
klien
klien
01:47 Thu 27 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd wait until the new Iphone comes out and then take a new contract on the iphone 5s or iphone 6, contracts on those would be reduced massively.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:37 Thu 27 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
You can get a 5s quite cheap now so I'd wait till the new one comes out so the price drops even more then buy one and get a sim only plan, tell three If they can't offer you a better deal then you'll cancel and go elsewhere, works everytime 100% guaranteed.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:00 Thu 27 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheers, I think I will go for the sim only since it's about half the price of the cheapest 5s deal. I'll see if they'll offer me anything else anyway.

Does anyone know how quickly the price of the older phones will drop?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:46 Thu 27 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/?ref=google~Shop~Sim_Only&gclid=Cj0KEQjw6vquBRCow62uo-_J_YYBEiQAMO6Hiq8LtmqLWmSGOo3CKZPGcVvTxNp-0vJ62kwiTJhZKZsaAlk58P8HAQ

There's some good sim only deals on there, just tell them what deals you can get on other networks and they'll offer you something better.

I think they'll drop in price not long after the new one comes out but I can't see it been by much. I've had mine since it come out neally 2 years ago and it looks like it's only dropped by about £150 brand new, best getting a used one. I don't think there's much difference in the iphone 5 and it's a lot cheaper.

I'm paying £42 a month for mine contract so I'm going get a sim only plan meself next month when my contract is up, It's 2 expensive.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:57 Thu 27 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/

Go to Mobile Phones - it'll display all and compare the best offers for you.

You could buy the phone sim free but you're best going through your new network choice - see what deals they can offer you. IF they want your custom then they will do what they can to get you on board.

I wouldn't buy a mobile online when it's easier to work the charm face to face.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:05 Thu 27 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm on a sim only deal for £ 18 a month a have unlimited mins and texts and 5gb mobile data...12 month and you can upgrade to a new handset halfway through (6th month)
clifton188
clifton188
22:55 Thu 27 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Virgin contracts are the way to go especially the sim only one its £15 a month and its unlimited minutes texts and data!
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
00:30 Fri 28 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If the internet wasn't the main point I would do that ^^
As it is though, the Three network internet is better than EE's (at least locally it is) and 4G as standard is a big winner.

Out of curiosity, what do people tend to pay a month on their phones? I don't like paying more than £20 a month and I'm not too bothered Bout having the latest phone as long as I have a decent one. Anyone else?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:39 Fri 28 Aug 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If the internet wasn't the main point I would do that ^^
As it is though, the Three network internet is better than EE's (at least locally it is) and 4G as standard is a big winner.

Out of curiosity, what do people tend to pay a month on their phones? I don't like paying more than £20 a month and I'm not too bothered Bout having the latest phone as long as I have a decent one. Anyone else?

i pay £18 a month and use the samsung galaxy s3, everyone hellbent oh the galaxy s6 but im happy with what i have
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Phone Deals/Contracts Advice

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.