Boxing 2016!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
blueberry
blueberry
15:49 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Thoughts & Prayers to Nick Blackwell who has been put into an induced coma due to a bleed on the brain. (According to reports). He was involved in a Brutal fight for 10 solid rounds vs Chris Eubank Jnr and what a slugfest it was.

Eubank Jnr was awesome tbh but so much credit goes to his opponent who unfortunately the Doctor stops the match due to his left eye severely swollen and he couldnt see through it at all.

Two boxers make a great fight and that sure was the case last night. Keep fighting Nick Blackwell and hope for a speedy recovery.

Edited at 10:58 Sun 27/03/16 (BST)

Glad that Nick is talking again and surprisingly noone mentioned the respect for Chris telling his son to go for the body and not the head when he realized how badly swollen Nicks eye was. Eubank could have killed Nick if it wasn't for his dad's advice. Boxing is a sport and not an attempt to kill the opponent.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:57 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah I do agree: Great to see Nick Blackwell on the road to recovery. The referee should have stopped the fight though tbh the moment his left eye started to balloon (really swell up).

I watched the fight live and whereas I did hear Chris Eubank Snr advise his son to take out the body I cannot help but feel it's just a little convenient him saying he did it for his opponents own good. No one fully knew the serious extent of Blackwells injuries and condition, it was only on the way back to the dressing room he nearly collapsed and him being placed in an induced coma was more precautionary tbh.

Correct he told his son to strike the body more but that could equally have done damage and possibly even worse. Chris Eubank Jnr is a class boxer already, clinical and extremely accurate...he will take some beating to knock him off his perch.
blueberry
blueberry
17:25 Sun 17 Apr 16 (BST)  [Link]  
There was nothing convenient about it, he did it as from experience Chis knew the fight was over and yes the referee should have stopped it.. Also Eubank Jnr wanted to visit Nick when he regained conciousness but the family declined, no surprise really. Get well soon Nick.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
07:43 Sun 8 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Wow what a lovely Knockout on Khan!!!
Awesome Punch!!!
the__priest
the__priest
14:02 Sun 8 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Unreal fight
would've put anyone down

very ul Amir
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
00:00 Sun 15 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Mayweather vs Mcgregor in talks, thoughts?
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:54 Thu 19 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Will it be a boxing match or a UFC fight?
If a boxing match (Mayweather to win by KO) IF UFC - (McGregor to win by Submission lol - that would be good to see)

I personally think it's a waste of time and think it's solely about who can make the most money. Sport isn't about that and should never be.

Anthony Joshua vs Dominic Brezeale - Who wins?

The Undercard looks good so far:

George Groves vs Martin Murray
Chris Eubank Jnr vs Thomas Doran
Connor Benn vs TBA
David Price vs TBA
Callum Smith vs TBA

Also I see Canelo's vacated the WBC title but still wants a show down with Gennady Golovkin - Really hope that fight gets made and I think GGG will win. Chris Eubank Jnr vs Gennady Golovkin - who knows? That could be a future bout, I fear for Thomas Doran tbh - although he's undefeated he will be torn apart by Eubank Jnr IMO. I just hope he too doesn't has to be hospitalized after this fight.
the__priest
the__priest
10:59 Sun 22 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
David Haye

looks awesome cant wait for his next fights
he is in good shape

some great fights coming up
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:07 Sun 22 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
David Haye

looks awesome cant wait for his next fights
he is in good shape

some great fights coming up

Although Haye is looking fit and in good shape I coulda put up a better fight against him myself than his last 2 opponents, they have been pathetic and I don't remember either of them throwing a single punch, that bad it was like a fix, Haye only had to jab him last night and he was on his arrse.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
14:34 Sun 22 May 16 (BST)  [Link]  
I have to agree there, last night's opponent was supposed to be unbeaten...who's he been fighting, kids? One jab and he fell over and lay on his stomach lol. Even my mum watched it and said surely it's all a fix???

The whole evening was to get both Haye & Briggs on the same event to drum up and generate interest for their next fight vs each other. I wasn't really impressed with Shannon Briggs either, thought his opponent didn't want to be there and showed no fight just as Haye's.

Both of Haye's fights on DAVE have been a farce, De Mori was supposed to be good and ready to ruin Haye's return but even he appeared to fight like a little daisy. One punch and good night!

Sky's bouts are so much more entertaining and it helps with both boxers actually wanting to box. AJ vs Brezeale, winner vs Joseph Parker....hmmm Parker looks and fights great will be a very tough test but I still think we haven't seen AJs vicious streak only glimpses when he smiles after hitting his opponents.

I think he'll be RUTHLESS vs Brezeale.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
16:51 Sun 12 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
If you want to see the KO or fighter of the year and we're only in June lol then check out Lomachenko vs Ramirez WOW!!! (on YouTube)

One of them got pretty much destroyed!!
AWESOME KNOCKOUT... Loved it!
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
19:46 Mon 20 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Anthony Joshua vs Dominic Breazeale (Sat 25th June) - this weekend!!!

Predictions:
Who wins?
What round?

* I'm going with AJ in Round 5 TKO - I think this will be AJ's sternest test but his pace, power and accuracy will be too much for DB to handle. AJ will be ruthless and I think DB will be amazed at what he's fighting against. He will be a lot better than Charles Martin...that's a given.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
22:08 Wed 22 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Awesome Undercard too:

Anthony Joshua v Dominic Breazeale:
IBF Heavyweight Title
George Groves v Martin Murray:
WBA Super-Middleweight Title Eliminator
Chris Eubank JR v Tom Doran:
British Middleweight Title
Conor Benn v Lukas Radic:
4 Rnds Super-Lightweight (TBC)
Dillian Whyte v Ivica Bacurin:
8 Rnds Heavyweight
John Wayne Hibbert v Andrea Scarpa:
Vacant WBC Silver Super-Lightweight Title
the__priest
the__priest
02:00 Sun 26 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Eubank looked class

Groves a world title fight
looks so ordinary now

bring on AJ now
the__priest
the__priest
02:24 Sun 26 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
here we gooooooooooooooo

Booooooooooooooooom
the__priest
the__priest
02:53 Sun 26 Jun 16 (BST)  [Link]  
goodnight

well done AJ total class
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:25 Fri 8 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
WICKED!!!
Sept 10th: Gennady Golovkin vs Kell Brook @ the O2 Arena London.

Wow!!! Kell Brook to step up a weight, very brave but I can only see GGG winning.

C'mon Golovkin!
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
21:31 Tue 12 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Very surprised at this fight, still gotta have a good think about this match up and what Brook brings to it before I give a proper prediction, I'm a big fan of Brook so I'm obviously optimistic for him but this is GGG lol.
letsgochamp
letsgochamp
21:36 Tue 12 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Kovalev gets taken the distance by Chilemba! Kovalev wasn't as bad as everyone made him out to be, slow start but once he got his rhythm he won every round and almost KO'd him in the 7th, and this is a guy who has never been stopped. This guy Chilemba seems very underrated. Although after seeing this I gotta give Ward the edge when they fight in November.
kirk
kirk
15:32 Tue 19 Jul 16 (BST)  [Link]  
Kovalev gets taken the distance by Chilemba! Kovalev wasn't as bad as everyone made him out to be, slow start but once he got his rhythm he won every round and almost KO'd him in the 7th, and this is a guy who has never been stopped. This guy Chilemba seems very underrated. Although after seeing this I gotta give Ward the edge when they fight in November.

Agreed
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Boxing 2016!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.