New league runner required

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
derik_dalton
derik_dalton
23:46 Fri 11 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
As horse is packing in cos of all the hassle a new runner will be required soon, you will need the following skills to apply:-

Common sense
I.T knowledge
Experienced clan player / captain
Objectiveness
Basic mathematics

In my opinion the man that fits all the categories is fatmikee, so im going to put his name forward, everyone else apply within
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:00 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I go with Ash.

EDIT: Sorry - Just noticed the common sense requirement.

_knightmare_
_knightmare_
00:46 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
LOL ^^^^^
erigert
erigert
02:31 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Also Ash cant be an experienced clan player as i dont think he has played more than 20 games during all his funky career.
blueberry
blueberry
02:48 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I haven't seen Owen online recently but with his experience starting at least 7 clans and playing for one of the top clans I think he'd be an ideal candidate. He can count to ten and reboot a pc so how more qualified could anyone be..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:43 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
why only 1 league runner?? Why not a panel of 3 and when something comes up they vote .. I would want a diverse 3 though...
example Ash me and harry this is just a example ..
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:39 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well derik_dalton's immediately ruled out seeing as the Thread title's spelt incorrectly lol - Leauge Runner - (banter Joe)

The first question should be: Are there any nominations or players who would like to put their name's forward?

Once that information has been ascertained then we can have a voting system, to at least set the ball rolling.

Be interesting see who would put themselves forward too.

Edited at 03:20 Sat 12/03/16 (GMT)
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:03 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Good start: No one's interested???
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:08 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hardly surprising is it lol.
fatmikee
fatmikee
15:13 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Im sure Ashley is lol as he loves to make up new rules and make stupid changes.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
15:45 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
If a group can get together and make it work then that might be good thing?

fatmikee: There isn't really that much to change if anything really. A few possible tweaks and giving the players/members what they request could be a good foundation to build upon. After all without the players and Clans there simply wouldn't be any need for any Leagues let alone Runner(s).

Edited at 13:50 Sat 12/03/16 (GMT)
erigert
erigert
16:45 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
I could give it a go if i manage to find more time in the next months, but thats a big IF at the moment.

+ i dont think many would like me to be in charge of the leagues, so i understand
blueberry
blueberry
16:53 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is it new runner to organize all leagues or just one. I'm unsure if horse ran them all, tbh I don't even know who's in my clan..
erigert
erigert
17:04 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is it new runner to organize all leagues or just one. I'm unsure if horse ran them all, tbh I don't even know who's in my clan..

U dont even know who your captain is and what clan pic u should put on lol
fatmikee
fatmikee
17:41 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wheres Dexter when we need him.I vote for ab_rfc.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
17:58 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
My vote would be dgeneratio - Experience from running the Snooker Clan Leagues for many seasons successfully. Plus he's the only person who really knows the role and could adapt straight away.

Spreadsheets are awesome and applies a lot of his own time to create his non clan events. Makes sense to me to utilize James on his strengths.
buckjam
buckjam
18:50 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
My vote would be dgeneratio - Experience from running the Snooker Clan Leagues for many seasons successfully. Plus he's the only person who really knows the role and could adapt straight away.

Spreadsheets are awesome and applies a lot of his own time to create his non clan events. Makes sense to me to utilize James on his strengths.

Did he run a snooker clan? First im hearing of it
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:04 Sat 12 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
My strength is Excel but Laziness lets me down big time (as Keith mentioned to Ash), i don't like to update the league everyday but every 2-3 days, On the plus side i code the spreadsheets to make the tables as LIVE as possible including League Tables and Golden Cue initially this takes me a fortnight of graft but when its automatic then all the player has to do is enter the result and change the name for a sub/swap.

Also last season on Snooker created a LIVE forum paste (you would have to enter member tags manually) as i didn't like copy and pasting from the website (still don't).

While i'm suitable to code excel to make life easier for the runners, i think i'm too lazy to be an actual runner unless i had helpers.

Thanks for the vote though Ash but Keith told me, he has his own selection process and will decide himself. My personal vote would go to Zante as Stu + Keith are right when they say a Staff Member should run the league as they can calm situations and check for duplicate accounts in a way a normal member cannot. I believe it needs to be an active staff member who knows about the leagues
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:36 Sun 13 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
My 2 cents.

Can Ash be ruled out ASAP? He just left an event (not for the first time) because of ongoing family commitments, so obviously running a league is something he couldn't even start to contemplate.

Family first, right Ash?

As for dgen....If you want a load of silly and unnecessary rules added just for the sake of it then go ahead. To me he is the master of over complication and a master of flouting how much he does or has done. I put money down that he would be totally unbiased when it comes decisions involving his friends, especially the ladies.

The ideal (IMO) runners would be faust, punkpoet, _psmon_ and eirgert. The moderator side of things would be zantetsukenz's job.

To me that's a mixed bag of mature players who could be trusted 100% not only to be fair but also to deliver what could be a successful clan experience for everyone involved.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:01 Sun 13 Mar 16 (GMT)  [Link]  
What have you done then umma? I'm sure you can't run a league and a clan for six years. I think rules are fine and I wouldn't add anymore to them unless public requested it.

You also can't run a league with being biased so can cross me off that list.

I was man enough to explain my weakness, fact is I'm too lazy and not got Patience to be a runner anymore. Snooker I would as I created the league.

As for boasting I have earned that right and in many peoples eyes I am a legend.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New league runner required

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Funkypool Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.