[Java Fix] Java Fix for Opera Users

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:51 Tue 21 Mar 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Did some research earlier and found out that Java Update 23 was the last time Java was enabled and then i went to File Hippo which has always been kind to me.

Downloaded as it can only fail right? but tested as a Guest, On Pool AND On Snooker once you restarted browser after downloading.

Opera is similar to Chrome (and slightly faster) so if the IE Tab slows you down (due to CPU mostly) then this is a nice alternate.

Been searching for an Opera Fix for A LONG time but now i found it, i can uninstall Firefox as i only used it for Funky. Glad i finally found a fix

Download: http://filehippo.com/download_opera/58163/

Thanks Guys
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:13 Tue 21 Mar 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you can't download it, i've uploaded the exe file to Google Drive which people can view

http://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1od79U5yAinelRFbHRzVHY2bnc
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:16 Tue 21 Mar 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Disagree, it wasn't Update 23 plus we shouldn't expect end users to revert back to updates where potential security vulnerability could have been at it's most dangerous.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
20:17 Tue 21 Mar 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Not sure why you claim the last Update which enabled Java was 23? That's not true at all. It still functioned perfectly up till around Update 33. It was still accessible around the same time players on here were advised about the NPAPI process in order to keep using the Google Chrome Browser.

(2015)

So where any previous update leading up to that date will work, let's not forget the reason for Oracle deprecating their support to Java is solely down to its lack of security & many vulnerabilities. So granted where we'd like to keep as many players active on an ever decaying website (For example: 3 Members Online 1am last Saturday), SECURITY is more paramount than anything especially with Ransomware, Malware & Spyware being ever so rife.

It doesn't exactly stand the site in good stead when we have to recommend or suggest it's end users revert back to very old updates in order to access and get their satisfaction from the game. Realistically the site should be up to date with today's technology and it's ever daily improvements. Not expect it's users to delve back into the internets archived files back to when the site were more in its element.

Java isn't the only reason many have been and gone from this site....its become monotonous, tedious, there's nothing to entice or lure new players & there's certainly nothing really to try to maintain the ones we do have already.

The Good Times have had their day....now they've emigrated elsewhere.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:19 Tue 21 Mar 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Disagree, it wasn't Update 23 plus we shouldn't expect end users to revert back to updates where potential security vulnerability could have been at it's most dangerous.

That's what i found on Google, as i told Daviking on Snooker

"people don't have to follow my advice as that's the beauty of life, you have choices"

I'm offering an alternate much like your "IE Tab".
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:23 Tue 21 Mar 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
and i realise about Security but if Nick won't update or fix the engine then theirs nothing we can do. the risks are their either way due to java itself.

without java the site dies, that's a fact. it's the main reason for the sites downfall and when Opera and Chrome lost java, many left, and feared it would be the same for Firefox.

can't blame the members.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:48 Tue 21 Mar 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
SECURITY is more paramount than anything especially with Ransomware, Malware & Spyware being ever so rife.

^ Agree but if you want to continue to play then would have risks due to Java, I choose to use Opera as it's my favourite browser and i can zoom where size increases, Firefox does not.

Firefox in your own words are also discountinuing Java so thats Opera, Chrome and Firefox and for those on Windows 10, they have to download Internet Explorer, not a good sign when you have to download Older Versions or Alternate Browsers what barely get noticed due to the giants.

"IE Tab" also has it's disadvantages as heard that it puts pressure on the CPU and uses a lot of processing memory which can result to Lag.

Opera Update 23 much like IE Tab are alternates, If people want to use them, it's up to them and if not then no harm in posting anyway. I also posted a Google Drive link for Exe link to bypass File Hippo.
_knightmare_
_knightmare_
04:45 Fri 24 Mar 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox 52 (Via the boolean process or download the ESR version), Comodo IceDragon, Maxthon, Google Chrome (+ IE TAB), Vivaldi (+ IE TAB) all are creditable means to play this game.

Recommending players to reload a browser, Opera in this instance which has been rendered pretty much obsolete for a while seems a little bizarre. Okay the update you may have found might prove to work and allow users to access and play the game but at what security risk? You mention yourself on numerous occasions about updates being generally released with fixes, tweaks to repair known/unknown bugs - so what guarantees can you give those who download the Update 23 and follow your advice that their systems won't be at any risk?

I think the best advice is to keep using the browsers I've listed above (there are others such as Sea Monkey, Pale Moon, etc but I haven't tried them with this site). Surely common sense is to stick to the browsers which we know are functional and at the very least have had their updates or are having them on a recent basis.

It's entirely up to yourselves, this is just a post offering some advise.
_epicshot_
_epicshot_
11:57 Fri 24 Mar 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Did some research earlier and found out that Java Update 23 was the last time Java was enabled and then i went to File Hippo which has always been kind to me.

Downloaded as it can only fail right? but tested as a Guest, On Pool AND On Snooker once you restarted browser after downloading.

Opera is similar to Chrome (and slightly faster) so if the IE Tab slows you down (due to CPU mostly) then this is a nice alternate.

Been searching for an Opera Fix for A LONG time but now i found it, i can uninstall Firefox as i only used it for Funky. Glad i finally found a fix

Download: http://filehippo.com/download_opera/58163/

Thanks Guys

Good stuff Dgen!
_epicshot_
_epicshot_
11:58 Fri 24 Mar 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
If you can't download it, i've uploaded the exe file to Google Drive which people can view

http://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1od79U5yAinelRFbHRzVHY2bnc

And this m8
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:14 Fri 24 Mar 17 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thanks Jack at least someone appreciates my efforts, some were upset when Opera was removed including me, Firefox was small (and even worse on lappy) so thought to myself if i can nail myself last opera that java worked on then perhaps i could find a fix.

I did, posted on both sites and get sprouted with negative responses. Fact is people have their own minds and they don't have to follow my advice but people insist on posting negatively.

If people worry about File Hippo being adware then i posted a Google Drive link which is safe. About Security as i said on Snooker.

"I found a workaround using Opera and down to users if they want to follow any advice or continue to use Firefox. It's only like people using IE Tab on Chrome.

Your only argument now is Security and granted it is important but Java itself has always been vulnerable and we need Java to play so that Security Risk is always there."

Java itself has always been a Security Risk no denying that but we all use Java to play and therefore accept a slight Security Risk so by using Opera, Chrome or whatever with a "fix" will always provide a Security Risk but we do it knowing that to continue to play. Alternative is to Maximize Security which is great but can never play this game again as Java is a Security Risk which wouldn't be allowed if your going for Security
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

[Java Fix] Java Fix for Opera Users

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.