Freezing/not responding

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

jberg
jberg
08:28 Sun 16 Apr 17 (BST)  [Link]  
As you can probably guess from the title of this thread, I am experiencing lots of game freezing and not responding. In the past week it's probably happened 5 or so times to me, and today twice within the space of a couple of hours. I've entered 2 tournaments today alone which I have not been able to continue because of these problems. A UK8 marathon where my game stopped responding in the second game, and then booted me. Now just a few minutes ago, a 9 ball marathon in which both myself and 4dboi69 were DQ'd as we did not receive the tournament game invite, and instead the game froze up and I had no choice but to close the window and re-open.

This is massively frustrating. So questions... Why is this rubbish happening? And is there any way to stop it from happening, or fix it when the game freezes up or stops responding?
jberg
jberg
09:25 Sun 16 Apr 17 (BST)  [Link]  
... and it's happened yet again. This time in the US8 marathon, it freezes and I get this message:

You have been logged out, either your internet connection has gone down, is too busy or a network fault has occurred.

My connection has not gone down and nothing else is affected, only funkypool. Effing poor.
hanker
hanker
17:35 Sun 16 Apr 17 (BST)  [Link]  
It is likely your computer. If you do ctrl + alt + delete and open up task manager, you'll see - on the processes tab - that you have a bunch of statistics. You want to make sure that none of these are above 60% otherwise your computer will not be able to run basic programs such as flash (for playing pool.) - If this is the case, take your computer to a technician or get a new computer. (Though good ones are effing expensive.)

If this isn't the case, I'd try to relocate your computer to somewhere closer to an internet connection or consider using an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet.

I hope this helps!
anti_tapper
anti_tapper
21:39 Sun 16 Apr 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Try licking your toes
jberg
jberg
08:50 Mon 17 Apr 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks for your response hanker. I'm familiar with the stats section in task manager, and my computer never really runs above 1% CPU usage (the odd spike to maybe 7%) - she's a beast. It's been OK today so far for me, but several other players I talk to have had the same problem going on. May give the ethernet cable idea a go if the problem starts up again. Cheers :)
jberg
jberg
08:52 Mon 17 Apr 17 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheers anti_tapper. While your suggestion was somewhat less helpful than hanker's, I appreciate the sentiment!
__start__
__start__
15:24 Tue 18 Apr 17 (BST)  [Link]  
the funkypool site will no longer be here in 6 months time I think............ which wont be a bad thing
jberg
jberg
14:25 Wed 19 Apr 17 (BST)  [Link]  
get a job and stop hating on funky trats
_gerardddd_
_gerardddd_
21:54 Wed 19 Apr 17 (BST)  [Link]  
You'd cry your eyes out if that happened trats
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:09 Wed 19 Apr 17 (BST)  [Link]  
You'd cry your eyes out if that happened trats

lol yeah, think funkys safe for another year due to Java, many of us thought it wouldn't last until xmas but was proved wrong.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Freezing/not responding

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.