Weird internet connection?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

misterchyme
misterchyme
23:58 Fri 7 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I just moved into an apartment place that offers free internet, its not wireless you just plug your ethernet into the wall and wallah it works.. im not sure exactly what it is.. cable/dsl/.. but nonetheless it works really weird, sometimes it works for hours on end then all of a suddent it goes down and says limited or no connectivity, i try to repair the connection but it cna never renew the IP adress, ive called the maintence here and they replaced the jack, where you plug it in at.. and i still have the same problem, i seem to have found away for it to work tho.. if i unplug it for like 30 mins then plug it back up and restart my comp it seems to work... does anyone have any other solutions?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:22 Sat 8 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Maybe it's your computer
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:13 Sat 8 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
yes it could be your computer.

a while back i had a similiar problem it would work and then the connection would just turn off.
i got someone out to look at it he did not have any suggestion apart from just get a new router i was like what the .. what is that going to do ?

so i followed his instructions no difference to i just spent quite alot of money on a good one. (i was going to get one anyway for xbox live) i just wasnt expecting to spend 120 pounds.

then i spoke to tiscali and they said move you pc into a different room and plug into the phone line somewhere else (if you have one) so i moved my computer upstairs pluged it into a different phone line and yep it works !!!

but i dont think that can happen to you lol.
misterchyme
misterchyme
17:15 Mon 10 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol idk i foudn the secret to it.. i have to reset it every so often.. ill be out of here in a week or so anyways so yeahh thanks for the help
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Weird internet connection?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.