Tour De France

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:47 Fri 10 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
I love watching this bike race, these guys are so fit to ride 3000 km in 3 weeks.

my money is on Armstrong to win the tour, but disappointed that Cadel Evans has had a shocking start!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:57 Fri 10 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah...and Micheal Rogers slipping 143 places in a single stage

It will be a great sportng moment for Armstrong to win...

lets hope this tour is not tainted by another drug scandal.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:03 Fri 10 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah, but he can blame it on the weather, he lost 9mins in the last 30 kms!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:21 Fri 10 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Have got into the Tour recently, but to be honest, too many drug issues in recent Tour de Farces as I call it because of the drugs scandals in recent years.

Cavendish picked up a few early stage wins which is pretty good. Know Bradley Wiggins was up there.

Think he's 6th isn't he, Cavendish winning the points and green jersey with David Millar 3rd in the King of the Mountains, so not bad for the Brits

Nothing seperating Fabian Cancellara and Lance Armstrong at the moment though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:58 Fri 10 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Cancellara struggled yesterday, that was a surprise i know he had a flat tyre halfway through but he got back to the peleton.

That race through the pyrennes(dont know how to spell it) shows who the real contenders are, Cadel did awesome, Wiggins had the best stage of his life he is a sprinter and he was in the break for the stage before that so he did heaps good, but the team that stand out for me is astana they are a really strong team!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:41 Sat 11 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
i watched the last 8 or so kms of the first mountain stage (at 2am mind you ) and Cancellara just struggled.

Armstrong was probably a little unlucky not to get yellow - but give him a couple of days!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:21 Sat 11 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Go Cadel, he has made a break and hopefully move up the rankings, although there still is 150 odd km to go!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:09 Sat 11 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
nick - with 150 to go, a breakway will not last forever lol

Im no cycling expert - but how many can hold a breakway for 150km??
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:27 Sat 11 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
simple answer yesterday, lol

nah Cadel did the wise thing and went back into the peleton, Cancellara and Hushovd were absolute dirty towards Cadel telling him to go back to the peleton!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:07 Mon 27 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Alberto Contador won the Tour de France.

Not sure how many points Mark Cavendish got docked for that incident with Thor Hushovd.

Andy Schleck came second with 7 times winner, Lance Armstrong finishing third just ahead of Britain's Bradley Wiggins

Bold prediction for next season, a British double

Wiggins to win the Tour and Cavendish to win the points
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:32 Mon 27 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd go with them bold predictions!

I think all in all it was a good tour for Britain. About time we took our track success to the road. No one can beat Cav in a sprint, I think he's unlucky not to be green jersy champ this year - he's still young though!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:40 Mon 27 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
Wiggins has said he might miss 2012 Olympics to concentrate on winning the Tour, and a 4th place finish in his first Tour is pretty good
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:52 Mon 27 Jul 09 (BST)  [Link]  
1_eye said:
I think all in all it was a good tour for Britain. About time we took our track success to the road. No one can beat Cav in a sprint, I think he's unlucky not to be green jersy champ this year - he's still young though!
Am still dubeous about him being dqed from the other stage sprint surely it wasn't his fault that Thor wasn't paying attention to the railings? If he stayed on his line surely that can't come down to blocking?
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Tour De France

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.