Sky broadband problem

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

the_champ9
the_champ9
12:47 Tue 12 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
*Wasnt sure where to put this so if an admin wants to move it to the right forum thats fine*

Right im staying at the girlfriends house for 2 weeks and for some reason the broadband will only work if the sky tv is not switched on, as soon as you switch the sky tv on the internet goes down.

Anyone else have this problem or any idea what to do to solve this?
Cheers
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
13:27 Tue 12 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds like you might not have a filter plugged in some where, everything that is plugged into a phone socket in the house (phones, sky box, router etc..) needs a ADSL filter (small white box that plugs into the phone line socket).
Also if there is a splitter used on the phone line out of the main socket, make sure the ADSL filters are plugged into the splitter and not the splitter plugged into the ADSL filter, if no joy with that, just unplug the adsl cable out of the sky box as you only need it in to order sky box office, you don't need it in the box to watch sky (I don't have it plugged in mine, if I need to order something off skybox office I just do it on the comp)

Edited at 10:36 Tue 12/10/10 (BST)
the_champ9
the_champ9
13:55 Tue 12 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheers mate, that seems to of been the problem! Thanks very much for your help!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:08 Tue 12 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
its alot do with sky round here someones mesiing with the connection bigtime sky box keeps shutting off and internet goes off alot lately
the_champ9
the_champ9
00:59 Wed 13 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Hmm seems to have started playing up again.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Sky broadband problem

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.