X10 - Android 2.1

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

joker86
joker86
23:34 Mon 8 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi,

I have the Sony Ericsson X10 and so does my workmate. On Saturday he received the Android 2.1 version update which is brilliant and what I have been waiting for, the only problem is that I have not received the notification for the update and I have checked my phone and pc software but they tell me I am already up to date/no update available.

Is it possible it may come to me soon?

Any help would be appreciated.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:58 Tue 9 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Would you happen to be on a different network to your colleague? That would explain the delay - each carrier has to sort it out for themselves. You should get it soon, regardless
joker86
joker86
02:33 Tue 9 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Nope, we are both with Vodafone. The only difference we have is that he got his 1 week before I got mine.

Thanks Bob for you're input, I'm sure I will get it soon.

flapjack
flapjack
Admin
00:03 Thu 11 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just becuase you got your phone at a different time, shouldn't mean that you get updates at different times.

If your both on the same network, and the same phone, you should get the update at the same time.

If you don't get this update in the next couple of days, i'd recommend ringing up vodaphone, or going to this website:
http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/212080-vodafone-2-1-update-any-news.html

For updates and Other information.

Hope this helped, Jack.
joker86
joker86
22:25 Thu 11 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thank you for the input Jack.

I have recently found out that my phone may be Branded and therefore the update will not be available until end of November at the earliest.

Edited at 22:38 Thu 11/11/10 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:52 Thu 11 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
what does that mean aaron
joker86
joker86
00:39 Fri 12 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Branded basically means my phone is with Vodafone ONLY.

A generic phone can have access to more than one network, Android 2.1 was released for the generic handset on 1st November.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:43 Fri 12 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm still running Android 1.6 on the LG GT540, read a bit about the 2.1 update, still not exactly sure whether or not it's even coming for my phone officially, couldn't find any decent info.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:44 Fri 12 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
rogan said:
I'm still running Android 1.6 on the LG GT540, read a bit about the 2.1 update, still not exactly sure whether or not it's even coming for my phone officially, couldn't find any decent info.

http://wwwstg.lg.com/uk/android/index.jsp

Is that any use?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:11 Fri 12 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
hothead_bob said:
rogan said:

http://wwwstg.lg.com/uk/android/index.jsp

Is that any use?

Thanks for that link. I just bought that phone on Wednesday, running v1.6.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:35 Fri 12 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
hothead_bob said:

That was great thanks, Bob.

However, during the update, about 91% of the way through, a message popped up saying connection to the phone (from the PC) has been lost. It gave me instructions to start up 'Emergency mode' which were to hold the Volume Down button and the Power Button.

No such luck, nothing happens.. my phone just doesn't do anything, if anyone knows anything about this it would be greatly appreciated.
joker86
joker86
23:44 Fri 12 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
My phone seems to be generic, so basically there is a problem, I should have this update now!!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

X10 - Android 2.1

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.