Bypass .DLL files

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:39 Tue 1 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi I scanned my computer with Avast and it detected all .DLL as a virus and without knowing what .DLL is for I gave permission for Avast to delete these files then started having problems with Yahoo! and Java. Every time I try and load Yahoo! it says that it needs such a .DLL file so I download that file then it tells me I need another .DLL file so again I download it but again it says I'm missing another. It's affecting Yahoo bad and Java. Before anyone asks yes I re-downloaded both Yahoo and Java but same problem, with Java I've tried to un-install it but it won't let me. As I'm having this problems with Java I can't get on the game itself unless I use the other house computer is there anyway I can get Java to work without the .DLL files?

Added comment: System restore won't give me a date before the .DLL files got deleted
joker86
joker86
00:10 Wed 2 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Have a look here: http://www.dll-files.com/

Install the files you need.

The files you need are obviously the ones you deleted, strange.

EDIT: http://www.easydesksoftware.com/dll.htm - Explains what .dll files are.

Edited at 22:14 Tue 01/02/11 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:18 Wed 2 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
The dll site maybe having loading issues but this is what has happened even after loading google while that site loads
(note: i've removed my login on google)
First picture taken at 00:01 Posted Image
Second picture taken at 00:03 Posted Image
Third picture taken at 00:05
Posted Image
As seen in all three pictures it's just trying to load and the times can be viewed in each picture. I will try again tomorrow. Thank you joker for the link
joker86
joker86
06:00 Wed 2 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
That is strange you can't get onto the site I gave you, I can load it no problem.

Most DLL files are essential for the running of your programs but there are other malicious programs, such as browser hijackers and browser plugins.

As your security scan detected these files as a threat then you was right to do as instructed.

Please keep checking http://www.dll-files.com/ because if you are missing any .dll files then you should find them here.
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
23:02 Wed 2 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
it cant of deleted too many, it will only have deleted the ones as it sees a threat to your computer.

Like with all this google thing going on about tracing your pc through cookies and what not,

If you save all your bookmarks, and whatever else yahoo or any programme your having problems with, and delete it completely from your system and your program files which can be found here:

My Computer>C:/>Program Files

Make sure that you know exactually what you are deleting.

Then, re-install it again, and you should get the .dll files back with that installation.

If your antivirus then picks it back up, you then know its a false-positive and its just trying to keep you safe.

If in doubt, google the file name,

Eg. for a java .dll you woud type: what is dt_socket.dll java?

and you will get answers like this:

http://dll.paretologic.com/detail.php/dt_socket

and it will explain what the .dll file does.

Hope this helped you out a little bit more

-Jack
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:49 Fri 4 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I've downloaded two files using the search "java" but I get message "bin\axbridge.dll: Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match." I've done search for that file but it's not found on the website
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:43 Sun 13 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
DLL files are basically directory files... these are... lets say.. 'shortcuts' for programs to run easier..sometimes these .dll files go corrupt and bring up errors, this is fine.. simply uninstall the software and re-install it. BUT sometimes if the software is related to hardware, then you might have to take it out aswell as re-install it, to give it a complete reboot.

thanks.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:40 Thu 17 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's one of the first things I done was un-install java but it wouldn't let me due to missing dll files. Do I need to take to a computer stop now because i can't do nothing with java? I can't install, un-install it and that website won't find the file I'm looking for.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Bypass .DLL files

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.