West Ham win the bid?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

diamond_cut
diamond_cut
01:28 Sat 12 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
So West Ham have won the bid for the Olympic Stadium, subject to confirmation by governing bodies. Opinions on this?

Mine being that it's an absolute disgrace! West ham will be in the championship, and i cant see them returning for some time! So why oh why will they want a 60'000 seater stadium (With a running track!?!) in the flippin championship! Large mistake, shoulda just let Spurs have it. At least then it might get more than 50% attendance.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:56 Sat 12 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Spurs wanted knock it down =S
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:05 Sat 12 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
i wanted leyton orient to have it lol
_niall_
_niall_
14:48 Thu 17 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
This is terrible decision for Leyton Orient. Barry Hearne's planning to take legal action, and has written to David Cameron so that will at least buy him some time to build foundations around a legal case, but it's an almighty uphill task he faces. It didn't really matter who out of West Ham and Spurs got the stadium as far as I'm concerned, it's just a bad idea from the outset for a club to relocate virtually on top of another club's locale, and even the majority of West Ham fans are disappointed by the decision for them to move. West Ham got the nod over Spurs mainly because they don't intend to alter the stadium as much as Spurs would have, though whether they abide by that is another matter. Other incentives such as offering free tickets to some home games could, and most likely will, be detrimental to the future of my club as we have a small fan base as it is. Offering people the opportunity to go see a Premier League/Championship game free of charge will undoubtedly deter people from going to see Orient. Worrying times.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:01 Thu 17 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
well said niall

they shud of just let leyton orient in as there 750 metres from the olympic village..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:29 Mon 21 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
West Ham will be in the Championship when playing in the Olympic stadium
diamond_cut
diamond_cut
03:26 Tue 22 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
blue_20112 said:
West Ham will be in the Championship when playing in the Olympic stadium

They wont move into the stadium till 2013 at the earliest, so they do have time to get into the PL again, whether they can or not is a different matter!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

West Ham win the bid?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.