Windows Live Problems

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:23 Sat 19 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have been using MSN/Windows Live for a fair while now. I recently downloaded the latest version of Windows Live Messenger and everything was working fine...

However I logged in one day recently and I had zero contacts.

I restarted my computer - nothing
I shut down my computer - nothing
I tried something else my friend suggested - nothing...

I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling later - but if anyone does know an alternative (as installing takes forever), then please let me know
chaos_
chaos_
10:06 Sat 19 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
ul flumps , a few of my mates use it and have had loads of problems too , i didn't update once i heard it was a pain in the sounds like a hassle to me , can you load the old version ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:19 Sat 19 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I found a Microsoft troubleshooting thing on their website...that didn't help one bit.

I have uninstalled and currently re-installing now.
joker86
joker86
15:12 Sat 19 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
When has MSN/Windows Live never had problems?

I would think re-installing it should work flumps or like chaos_ suggested, re-install a older version.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:07 Sun 20 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Re-installing (the 2011 edition) did not work...i'm really not happy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:25 Sun 20 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
http://msnmessengertips.com/how-to-find-and-retrieve-your-deleted-contacts-in-msn-messenger/

Funny, there used to be an option to save and then import your contacts to another account. Looks like they removed that option.
Progress eh?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:00 Mon 21 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
We all knew you had no friends flumps
_ghost_
_ghost_
11:16 Tue 22 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
The new addition is total garbage Flumps, un install and do what chaos_ has suggested i had to do the same thing as it wouldnt even let me sign in with new edition.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:55 Tue 22 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
softonic version of msn is better than the 2011 version ,,its a bit olderbut has no issues like the new one
_ghost_
_ghost_
08:49 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
OK another problem eh people are adding me but it wont let em accept them and when i add them they aint receiving anything?
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
17:39 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
afl, i had something like this, try downloading Windows live 9 i think, and mine now works.
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
17:39 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
afl, i had something like this, try downloading Windows live 9 i think, and mine now works.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Windows Live Problems

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.