Wireless router problems..

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:53 Tue 15 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Heya!

I would like advice on how to change my wireless router password..I no longer have the laptop i originally installed it with but i can get access to it if needs be. I've lost the installation disk too LOL!
Im with virgin media if thats of help.
Just need idea's on how i can change my password to the router.
Serious answers only!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:10 Tue 15 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Check Basic and Advanced Settings and there should be an option there to change password.

I dont know Virgin Media that well but it's pretty much all the same...

If you still struggle, google it...
joker86
joker86
22:12 Tue 15 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah if you do come unstuck, give google a try or even give Virgin Media a call.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:42 Tue 15 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I've been googling all day I'll phone them tomorrrow...If i have no luck..I'll just buy another and make sure i keep all the stuff safe
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
23:33 Tue 15 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
did you set the password? because on some of them it says the password on it somewhere i think
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
01:28 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think that by typing your ip address into your browser you can access your router settings...but not 100% sure cause i have a multi-ethernet modem and a wireless router separate to each other
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:32 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah,

just got to http://www.ipchicken.com

copy and paste that ip and it should take you straight into the router but it might ask you for a username and password....
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
01:35 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
ub3rnator said:
yeah,

just got to http://www.ipchicken.com

copy and paste that ip and it should take you straight into the router but it might ask you for a username and password....

cheers for backing me up knew you could do something like that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:49 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Have you tried pushing the default reset button?
(Small button that requires a pin) or holding down your WPS button on your modem,router, or hub.....

That will reset all factory settings to default and can access router by doing that..

If all else fails, try these steps:

1. Power Circle: This involves unplugging your router,modem,hub from the socket in the wall for 3 minutes, during that time power down your PC, Laptop and other devices that are connected; ("XBOX, PS3, dongles, etc etc").

2.(From Step 1:): open up your CMD Prompt through Start --> Run and type cmd:

when the prompt opens, type ipconfig /release then type
ipconfig /renew

then ipconfig /all

that should reset all IP connections that have been saved to the router, modem, or hub..

Step 3: Hold down the "Reset" button for 30 seconds until the power light starts flashing.

If none of these steps work, just send me a message
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:06 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
flapjack said:
did you set the password? because on some of them it says the password on it somewhere i think

I had to when i installed it.

_pro__frog_ said:
i think that by typing your ip address into your browser you can access your router settings...but not 100% sure cause i have a multi-ethernet modem and a wireless router separate to each other

I've tried this...It asks for username and password...I have no idea what this password or username would be
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:48 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
What brand of router is it?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:37 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's ok sorted now I have a new router coming very soon!

Thanks for everyone's help!
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
20:46 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
keep things safe this time
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:47 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sure will! I'll make sure of that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:34 Wed 16 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well, for future reference if you open up your net browser and type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 it should bring up your router information, from there you can reset your password
eemad
eemad
21:56 Tue 22 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
psyco05 said:
Well, for future reference if you open up your net browser and type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 it should bring up your router information, from there you can reset your password

Couple of other i.p addresses about but they're all just about the same. If you haven't been on that before then the username and password for it will probably be just the standard username "admin" and password "admin" or "password" or "changeme" Something like that anyway
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Wireless router problems..

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.