Laptop completly crashed

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:40 Mon 28 Mar 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Is there anything i can do to resolve my issues,,its tellin me i have 38 viruses and it wont even let me log online to the internet ,it is stopping everything from working ,,,,,help greatly appreciated
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:11 Mon 28 Mar 11 (BST)  [Link]  
im unsure mate but last time i had a virus on desktop it broke completely, would come up with a pop up every 2 seconds about virus cleaner but was a fake virus at the time.

sorry i cant be of help.
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
18:30 Mon 28 Mar 11 (BST)  [Link]  
how far do you get before it tells you?
can you get to the desktop?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:46 Mon 28 Mar 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Try to uninstall your virus software. It's quite possible that your virus software has been infected and there are actually no "viruses" on your computer. It happens often and I've gotten it once or twice.

If that fails try going into safe mode on your computer:
When your computer boots up, at the initial bios screen hit F8 and it should take you to your "Windows Advanced Options Menu" from there selects "safe mode" and boot windows up that way

Once you get in go to the control panel and do a system restore to a time before you had the infection
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:43 Mon 28 Mar 11 (BST)  [Link]  
wanna thank cheeky chong for his help which was greatfully appreciated and to psycho whose words from use both seems to have done the job ..hopefully all shud work safe again ,,thanks alot lads
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:51 Mon 28 Mar 11 (BST)  [Link]  
yeh tht sounds right psyco
jimfaebod
jimfaebod
20:14 Mon 28 Mar 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Hope you have installed anti virus now
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:59 Mon 28 Mar 11 (BST)  [Link]  
teamplayer said:
Is there anything i can do to resolve my issues,,its tellin me i have 38 viruses and it wont even let me log online to the internet ,it is stopping everything from working ,,,,,help greatly appreciated

Stop looking at naughty movies Fran .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:27 Wed 30 Mar 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mtk said:
teamplayer said:

Stop looking at naughty movies Fran .

and thanks for that mike ,,hilarious
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:24 Thu 31 Mar 11 (BST)  [Link]  
xD System restore doesn't help when you're infected, haha. It only deepens the problem.
Hoping you'll be fine, m8, but still...nah
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:03 Fri 1 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cajanka said:
xD System restore doesn't help when you're infected, haha. It only deepens the problem.
Hoping you'll be fine, m8, but still...nah

If the issue is with the antivirus software, then yes it will. If it's a genuine infection, then no, you're right - It won't

But from what he described it sounds like the antivirus software has been corrupted which just needs to be deleted
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:21 Fri 1 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Smitfraud infection or genuine advantage problem: Either way it won't work and will only come back worse.
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
20:08 Fri 1 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounded like to me a Malware problem, they don't harm the system too bad, most malware just stop you going online by directing you to a site saying you have multiple viruses and ask for a payment for the software to remove the non-existent viruses on ya system and some might disable your antivirus and update's, but most can be easily removed by a program called Malwarebytes (which is free to download).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:59 Sun 3 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i use avast, which is free, and spybt, which is free aswell, do great jobs, for me and i recmend them .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:59 Tue 5 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ty all for your comments which i have followed true on some of your words and add the Malwarebytes which seems to have helped big time ,,and iv heard of avast too ,if needed that shall be my next option to use
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Laptop completly crashed

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.