Funkypool users not in UK be AWARE

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:45 Wed 28 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
[YOUTUBE]qeEcoi8kEuU[/YOUTUBE]
[I]The video title is "Anonymous: SOPA passed. We are displeased[/I]"[B] But the bill is NOT passed yet!![/B]

There is a new bill that the United States government has successfully passed. It is called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or (SOPA) for short. Also known as The Protect IP Act of 2011. The US Congressional Budget Office estimates that implementation of the bill would cost the federal government 47 million dollars through 2016.

Translated into plain english, It will cost tax payers 47 million dollars over the next 4 years.
The SOPA act will censor you from accessing certain websites and block all access to other areas of the internet that the United States government does not want you to access.

The SOPA act essentually means, that even if you make a video of your child playing or singing and you have music playing in the background, or video on TV, you are breaking the law, and the government will order the websites that host your content to censor your content because of their new bill.

[B] Or if you visit websites that are on servers not in the United States you will be blocked so that you cannot access them.[/B] ^^^ [I][U][B]This affects all users of funkypool that are in UNITED STATES im assum[/I]ing[/U]...[/B]

[i]Edited at 16:54 Wed 28/12/11 (GMT)[/i]

[i]Edited at 16:55 Wed 28/12/11 (GMT)[/i]
2hot2pot
2hot2pot
21:04 Wed 28 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:23 Wed 28 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yah tell me about it im in USA
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:25 Wed 28 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Maybe you could pay for an American server?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:26 Wed 28 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol nope! I have no income
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:09 Fri 30 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
All seems very weird. I can understand the need to block illegal torrent and peer2peer sites, but to potentially block a youtube video of someone's child singing along to Beyonce or Bieber is just way over the top.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Funkypool users not in UK be AWARE

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.