Hostile/unsporting players

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:13 Sat 21 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
My younger brother (10 years old) was playing on this site the other day and he played a well known player, who he beat by a fluke shot, this player then sent him a very nasty message (cant repeat here). Ive received the same sort of abuse plenty of times and most of the time just ignore it, but its starting to annoy me, especially when a 10 year old see's it!....

anyone else receive the same sort of hostile/offensive front after beating someone?

i thought id open this topic here in the Game Shouts thread to even out all the back slapping going on.

i just received a swearing message from a player after beating him in a tournament final by a fluke on the 9ball. i said sorry and he pm'd me.

Edited at 00:47 Sat 21/07/12 (BST)

Edited at 00:48 Sat 21/07/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:16 Sat 21 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Its against site rules to name and shame so you better watch you dont get yourself in trouble!
blueberry
blueberry
03:18 Sat 21 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yes, 'I shall not name and shame', is in the rules as mods will say 'use contact us'
fry06
fry06
03:19 Sat 21 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We've all had it stephen and its never a good thing! but tokko is right you could get in trouble
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:26 Sat 21 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
couldnt find anything about naming and shaming in the rules, theres, if its ok to slap someone on the back when they are a great player, or have a great attitude towards others, why not do the same if they are abusive and harrassing others?

I had it over on funkysnooker today and reported him properly but he carried on and on, so i just logged off in the end, i didnt block him as i wanted to see if they would actually kick him.
blueberry
blueberry
03:29 Sat 21 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Send them cheque in post to get them booted

Or banned

The sites full of idiots just ignore it, always a problem with kids and the internet and agree its wrong but unstopable..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:35 Sat 21 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
For reference 'Naming and Shaming' actually falls under the part about not posting accusations against members in the Forum Posting Rules.

In an ideal world none of what you have described would take place. Unfortunately it does. Thankfully in addition to the Admin staff working hard to consider the validity of all submitted complaints with a view to ridding the site of 'bad eggs' where appropriate, there is also the immediate 'Ignore User' tool.

Please continue to use the 'Send Complaint' as this provides the evidence in respect of any wrong doing.
blueberry
blueberry
03:38 Sat 21 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Thats why I say 'unstopable', as ignore user is hit after child has been subjected to online abuse..
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
04:24 Sat 21 Jul 12 (BST)  [Link]  
couldnt find anything about naming and shaming in the rules, theres, if its ok to slap someone on the back when they are a great player, or have a great attitude towards others, why not do the same if they are abusive and harrassing others?.

Because it is abusive and harrassing. Can't be hypocritical can you?
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Hostile/unsporting players

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.