games won under rankings

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

davros
davros
20:24 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Instead of having a list of who has won the most games under the rankings, why not have the percentage of games won, that's games won devided by games played, then timed by 100.
Having won over 1000 games doesn't always mean your good, it just tells everyone that you play a lot.
raiden
raiden
21:49 Tue 21 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Nah, you can see from the winner board who's record is better if you do the division yourself. You'll get people like canter who create accounts and just play guests for 50-0 records.
nick
nick
Admin
06:24 Wed 22 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep well said raiden, the percentage win method is flawed.

The idea is that rankings show how good you currently are, and most wins shows your accumulated totals.

However the rankings could probably do with some minor adjustments.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:18 Sat 25 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i think the percentage won idea is a better reflection of a players ability rather than simply who's played the most. Perhaps, it should only start after say your first 100 games??
raiden
raiden
11:41 Sat 25 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
No offense but I'm sure many can easily get 100-1 wins/losses. Then they'll retire at the top til someone comes along and gets 100-0 then that guy will retire at the top forever.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:47 Sat 25 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
lol i agree any system is open to abuse in some way or other but i think its got to be better than simply who's been on the longest!!
raiden
raiden
11:50 Sat 25 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
According to nick's sign up date the site started 1 year before I joined..
supermega
supermega
11:52 Sat 25 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i like it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:21 Sun 26 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
ye didnt no that
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

games won under rankings

Back to Top of this Page