tactical subs in clan matches

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
angry_bacon
angry_bacon
04:30 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
fuunky is right, in my opinion theres a slight difference between tactical subs/swaps and choosing your opponents, swapping players about in the first day is obviously choosing your opponents, which should be stopped now before it gets out of hand and wrecks the leagues, I'm all for games getting played so I would never suggest changing the subs/swaps anytime rule, but I would suggest that in the first 3 or 4 days captains must give a proper reason for doing it and tactical aint one lol, after that 3 or 4 day time period do all the tactical subs/swaps you want, you just need to stamp out this choosing opponents on day 1 or 2 because if you don't most captains will start doing it then its downhill for clans.
The sad thing is captains are now doing swaps on day one then admitting on the forums that its tactical, surely this is wrong.

This basically supports my post above. And how do you really know that a reason for being subbed out is genuine? Fair enough if someone lands up in hospital or something for a week which a few people know about, but there are people on here that will be told not to log in for 3 or 4 days (using your example), and will do so to get the sub approved. If someone said that to me I'd tell them where to go, funky isn't just about clans, I log in when I'm bored / got spare time on my hands, I wouldn't not log in on a captain's or someone else's say so just for a clan result.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
05:00 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm not convinced captains would tell players not to login, its a bit like saying your rubbish so stay away so we can put someone else in, why put them in the team list then ask them to stay away, the real problem we have is not captains subbing players out, thats between them, its captains getting the fixtures on a Sunday and obviously not liking what they see, so they jiggle it about a bit to suit their clan, then opposing captains will combat this by always reversing any changes, then you end up with a whole load of arguing and nonsense, can only be bad for the leagues.
As for genuine reasons, thats really up to the league runners to decide, unless its them doing the changes lol.

Edited at 02:05 Tue 16/07/13 (BST)
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
05:04 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
That is the one thing i hate, i release games and within a few minutes or so a sub or a swap has been made. I don;t like the cap on subs and swaps though in FBL so i won't do it.

I seen someone mention a week long cap? Yeah that would be a week of arguing around the threads and is way to long of a cap. Most captains follow a no sub for the first seven days anyway to give players a chance.

I am not convinced about the captain telling a player not to log in either. If that was proven to have happened in the FCL then i would be punishing the captain.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
05:09 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree a week long cap wouldn't be good, but a decent acceptable reason in the first few days would help.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:16 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Every team has done it in the past, this were the 1st time we did it and look at all the commotion it has caused. I think maybe 48 hours where no subs or swaps can be carried out is a fair amount of time, also maybe all subs/swaps should be explained (which I tried to do) to the League Runner. The last thing I want is for Jay to be bombarded with messages so I suggest only make the subs IF necessary and vital.

I made a huge mistake yesterday, I will hold my hands up and say sorry to all who were involved. What I would appreciate is not all players to get involved in something which does not affect them. That is another place where it just got ludicrous.

I do think that maybe 1 tactical sub should be allowed per fixture in the 1st week only and 2 subs in week 2 only. Just an idea.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
05:22 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Start restricting subs over the full fixture is definately a step back and defaults would increase, the problem here is not the amount of subs/swaps in a fixture, its captains choosing opponents in the first couple of days, hours in some cases.
angry_bacon
angry_bacon
05:23 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just like I thought my serious post is ignored and no one gives their opinion to something which I think makes total sense.. As soon as I reply to someone with a less thought about post people start picking out irrelevant parts of that! I don't really care if captains tell people to log in or not, although it could happen and nobody will know. Just thought I was speaking sense but my posts are never taken into account anyway. Next I think I'll just swap all the games round as soon as they're released, since everybody else is doing it.
angry_bacon
angry_bacon
05:24 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
If subs/swaps can't be limited, and captains can make them when they want, then why are random draws made for people to play? This business of making swaps/subs after ONE day when a fixture period is 2 weeks is ridiculous in my opinion.
So if they can't be limited, and these subs can be made after 30 seconds of games being released, what's the point in doing the draws? I doubt ANYONE can give an example of when a clan match was made without any subs/swaps.. i.e. completed to the games that were drawn.

What I'm saying is, instead of fixtures being released (Uprising vs Unbeatables for example), and giving 8 games with given opponents, why not say Fixture 1 - Uprising vs Unbeatables, play 8 games, no one can play more than 1 game in this fixture, play who you can - This will eliminate sub/swap arguments, and in this example, I could easily play John, Gaz, Sean, Ang, and probably more with ease. It will also stop me trying to arrange a time to play an opponent who cannot get online the same time as me, which will result in a sub in the final weekend. I could of played this game after 2 days for example. But this post will be ignored and ridiculed most probably.. My opinions though

The post I refer to, incase people forgot how to go back a page.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
05:42 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry mate, Its not a bad idea but the problem you would have is players posting on opponents threads saying players are refusing to play them, they would be holding out waiting for an easier opponent lol.
Heres an example, top player asks say player A to play early evening but player A knows a weaker player will be on after 10pm, what does player A do ?, I can imagine there being lots of excuses for not playing the top player lol

Edited at 02:56 Tue 16/07/13 (BST)
fuunky
fuunky
11:09 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Haha ab. I could say you are right for once as well for agreeing with me, quite surprised we do agree on something tho to be honest...

Krazyash has picked who he wants to play in his last 2 games, which he admitted the first time and his captain admitted the second time, that is not tactical swaps It's simply choosing easier opponents as soon as the fixtures come out, everyone will start doing it soon as it will ruin clans altogether.
huts24
huts24
11:12 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Haha ab. I could say you are right for once as well for agreeing with me, quite surprised we do agree on something tho to be honest...

Krazyash has picked who he wants to play in his last 2 games, which he admitted the first time and his captain admitted the second time, that is not tactical swaps It's simply choosing easier opponents as soon as the fixtures come out, everyone will start doing it soon as it will ruin clans altogether.

i even agree with u too lol shocking haha . but your right .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:49 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  

i even agree with u too lol shocking haha . but your right .

At least Ash held his hands up and apologised for bringing clans into disrepute unlike some eh. Dont you just love hypocritical people
fuunky
fuunky
12:40 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well huts it's about time you stopped doing it then, you are the one that started it....
erigert
erigert
12:52 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
That is the one thing i hate, i release games and within a few minutes or so a sub or a swap has been made. I don;t like the cap on subs and swaps though in FBL so i won't do it.

I seen someone mention a week long cap? Yeah that would be a week of arguing around the threads and is way to long of a cap. Most captains follow a no sub for the first seven days anyway to give players a chance.

I am not convinced about the captain telling a player not to log in either. If that was proven to have happened in the FCL then i would be punishing the captain.

why would u do that? isnt that tactical too?
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

tactical subs in clan matches

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan and League Chat.
Back to Forum List.