Unacceptable

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:13 Mon 14 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Tonight Funkypool advertised one of the much hyped Open Championship tournaments. It was 8 Ball Arcade Speed Open Championship. I do not play arcade but as it was an Open Championship I entered. After having to win 20 frames of pool and invest a huge chunk of time I won it. I have now been told by Flapjack that I shall receive no official recognition for this as it actually shouldn't been run this week. I'm not 100% sure but pretty close that everyone entered this tournament thinking it was an open championship and treated it as such. Not a single person didn't enter cause they knew it wasn't going to be counted. So rather than count it as an Open Championship it counts for jack. Rather than hold his hands up and say, oops our error, we now have two champions its shoould be disregarded after I'd invested the effort and time. Sorry but that a complete slap in the face and I feel like i've been misled by the site. One thing I do not abide is liars and by advertising this as an open and then saying, actually nah its not after the event is a lie. call it petty all you wish but i am a man of principles and because of this i'm done with the site. I have been a great promoter of the site for years regardless of all the crap that goes on daily. They are losing a great ambassador. I will not use a site for fun I feel isn't being truthful. Its been a pleasure people and as it stands I will not be back. Have a good one.
horse10000
horse10000
02:26 Mon 14 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
You could be known as the 'Unofficial 8 Ball Arcade Speed Open Champion'

Seriously I can feel your pain and hopefully something gets sorted for you
punkpoet
punkpoet
02:59 Mon 14 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Well the fault was funkys, unsure why they don't just count this one tonight as the open? and have joint winners?
Also does that mean people will get there ranking points back?
Think this is very bad form by funkypool tbh.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:24 Mon 14 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds like onevisit treats the game too seriously,why did he even enter on a table he doesnt play on?
dvz
dvz
18:33 Mon 14 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
my trophy aint being split in half
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:37 Mon 14 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
To deactivate over something like is actually quite funny. It's a tournament on an online pool game, made for entertainment lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:14 Mon 14 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
To deactivate over something like is actually quite funny. It's a tournament on an online pool game, made for entertainment lol

spot on
flapjack
flapjack
Admin
19:19 Mon 14 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
There is no official recognition because it was a mistake. This tournament was not supposed to go ahead and was not on the schedule (located here: http://www.funkypool.com/thread/19702/monster-tournament-schedule ). Therefore, it is not fair for everyone else who didn't know it was on. All of the monthly tournaments are located on the thread above and will be advertised throughout the forums/in-game and also on Facebook a few days prior to the event.

I take full responsibility for this mistake and will aim to make sure this doesn't happen again. Other than that, well done for winning the tournament!

thread closed as this has been dealt with via other communication methods.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Unacceptable

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.