Favoring Players

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

silenthill
silenthill
22:47 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't have to much of a go at me about the thread title, its a word i don't know how to spell properly lol.

Most of you will probably be wondering what do i mean by favoritism and what the point of this thread is.

Many years ago I remember players swearing in the chat room breaking all kinds of funkypools rules an those that broke rules were booted from the server for a certain number of hours.

From my own experience i think i was booted 3 times before i received a ban. A lot has changed since those years. For example muting was recently introduced.. So whats going on?

Does booting still happen, or do you mute everyone that breaks rules now once, twice or 3 times? And how extreme does somebody need to go before being banned these days?

Favoritism also means something else, i notice plenty of players on a daily basis either swearing, or bullying, basically breaking site rules one way or another.. And i've been known to report them, but nothing happens?

All moderators and admins have many friends on here, so when one of their friends breaks the site rules, what happens?! Do they get the same treatment as everyone else, or do they get away with it time an time again? Because that's what im noticing quite a lot.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:18 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
People are usually given at least 1 and in some cases 2 or 3 warnings before being booted or muted. Unless of course what you have said is a major offence then action would be taken immediately.

As you say mods and admin do have friends on here but it doesn't stop them from warning their friends I have been warned a few times about language I shouldn't have spoken.

However if everyone in the room say a killer for example are all friends and a bit of swearing commences and everyone has a laugh and a joke then maybe nothing will be done... But I wouldn't advise trying it.
ab_rfc
ab_rfc
23:46 Fri 25 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

Does booting still happen, or do you mute everyone that breaks rules now once, twice or 3 times? And how extreme does somebody need to go before being banned these days?

Favoritism also means something else, i notice plenty of players on a daily basis either swearing, or bullying, basically breaking site rules one way or another.. And i've been known to report them, but nothing happens?

All moderators and admins have many friends on here, so when one of their friends breaks the site rules, what happens?! Do they get the same treatment as everyone else, or do they get away with it time an time again? Because that's what im noticing quite a lot.

Yes booting does still exist, staff will normally give warnings but not always, that depends on whats been said.
As for players getting muted or banned, all cases are different depending on the severity of the rule breaking, most people when warned about their actions tend to calm down but others just laugh them off and keep breaking the rules, I must admit I prefer muting to bans.

As for you reporting and nothing happens, staff can't discuss actions taken against any individual but believe me when I say all complaints are taken serious, nothing gets ignored.

I can only speak for myself when it comes to having mates on here, basically mates is something I have in real life, I'll speak to and be friendly with anyone on here and I try my best to treat everyone the same, by joining this site we all have to accept the rules, doesn't matter who you are, even staff, if you break the rules you have to accept the consequences.

You might hear 2 people did the same thing wrong and one got muted and the other got a warning, I see so many saying this is unfair, the thing to remember when your wondering why is, was it a first offence or was it a regular thing.

In an ideal funkypool world we would all be smiley friendly people but unfortunately not everyone is like me lol
the__priest
the__priest
10:02 Sat 26 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
defo
one rule for one and one for another
no 2 ways about it

experience shows me that day in day out

in my opinion

chatroom

there appears to be a tolerance to swearing and all sorts of vulgar comments said in jest or not, you get told enough or be careful

threads
god forbid, how the interpretations are done there, bullying, swearing filters avoided for all to see, vulgar personal comments

its a strange place isn't it

Edited at 07:08 Sat 26/04/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:58 Sat 26 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
defo
no 2 ways about it

in my opinion

chatroom

there appears to be a tolerance to swearing and all sorts of vulgar comments said in jest or not, you get told enough or be careful

threads
god forbid, how the interpretations are done there, bullying, swearing filters avoided for all to see, vulgar personal comments

You forgot sub headline:

Spectating a final: bullying goes on there too.

Edited at 10:03 Sat 26/04/14 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:33 Sat 26 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think the snide remarks are the worst thing, the ones that instigate a response, the kind of people that look to get others in trouble by making remarks then as soon as the response comes they go get brown on the end of their tongue and get others into trouble. That is where this site is going downhill, you cant say boo to a goose these days without getting muted or bans, the hierarchy is ridiculous.
chezz
chezz
15:10 Sat 26 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
defo
no 2 ways about it

in my opinion

chatroom

threads

I've seen many people being booted from the chatroom, its only because the mods dont stay there as much now. And people are reluctant to report.

Baff booted a person, he was having a laugh with hime beforehand, but 1 racist comment and he'd gone (i think baff booted him)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:39 Sat 26 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
this thread is laughable coming from who made it!
kirk
kirk
15:44 Sat 26 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Well duh, random people are given the moderating status, what do you expect? The site is more corrupt than Russia. Get over it.
the__priest
the__priest
16:10 Sat 26 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Well duh, random people are given the moderating status, what do you expect? The site is more corrupt than Russia. Get over it.

lol
_giants
_giants
23:48 Sat 26 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't have to much of a go at me about the thread title, its a word i don't know how to spell properly lol.

Most of you will probably be wondering what do i mean by favoritism and what the point of this thread is.

Many years ago I remember players swearing in the chat room breaking all kinds of funkypools rules an those that broke rules were booted from the server for a certain number of hours.

From my own experience i think i was booted 3 times before i received a ban. A lot has changed since those years. For example muting was recently introduced.. So whats going on?

hmmm...
Posted Image
the__priest
the__priest
02:19 Sun 27 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Posted Image

a real hmmmmm giants
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:08 Mon 28 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  

hmmm...
Posted Image
LOL!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:05 Wed 30 Apr 14 (BST)  [Link]  
defo
no 2 ways about it

in my opinion

chatroom

threads

all quite true..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:58 Sat 3 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Complete and utter tripe. Stop being so superstitious.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:01 Sat 3 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
People are usually given at least 1 and in some cases 2 or 3 warnings before being booted or muted. Unless of course what you have said is a major offence then action would be taken immediately.

As you say mods and admin do have friends on here but it doesn't stop them from warning their friends I have been warned a few times about language I shouldn't have spoken.

However if everyone in the room say a killer for example are all friends and a bit of swearing commences and everyone has a laugh and a joke then maybe nothing will be done... But I wouldn't advise trying it.
someone told me if you want to let out negative energy then either use social media (or any text based service away from here)or create your own room, swear as much as you like then refresh so it does not backfire on yourself.

i have nearly swore once in my early days as i was getting thrashed in FCL lol

Some are even silly enough to swear in front of a mod
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Favoring Players

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.