Fixture tagging

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:35 Mon 4 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Right ok, fair point, I doubt many people will be too fussed about whether they are tagged or not.

There will be no tags from my team for John or Matty, I shall let me co-cap and vice know.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:38 Mon 4 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Right ok, fair point, I doubt many people will be too fussed about whether they are tagged or not.

There will be no tags from my team for John or Matty, I shall let me co-cap and vice know.

don't worry mate you can still tag me :p
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:39 Mon 4 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
From memory Jamie:

onevisit
mattywellie
_redherring_
m0nster
hippesville
_maverick_ (when were on site)
mich
punkpoet (Captain)
faust (Captain)
_huts24_ (Captain)
t1pster
franer_
derik_dalton
blueberry
silenthill
jack_86

Maybe could have a place where players can add their names so in future Captain will know for sure who to omit from member tagging. Failing that IF everything were hyperlinked then all players would have to do is drag their name to a list and it would automatically prohibit any tagging at all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:41 Mon 4 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
From memory Jamie:

onevisit
mattywellie
_redherring_
m0nster
hippesville
mich
punkpoet (Captain)
faust (Captain)
_huts24_ (Captain)
t1pster
franer_
derik_dalton
blueberry
silenthill
jack_86

Maybe could have a place where players can add their names so in future Captain will know for sure who to omit from member tagging. Failing that IF everything were hyperlinked then all players would have to do is drag their name to a list and it would automatically prohibit any tagging at all.

Or.....

if everyone plays their games on the first day, then no tags would be needed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:44 Mon 4 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
From memory Jamie:

onevisit
mattywellie
_redherring_
m0nster
hippesville
mich
punkpoet (Captain)
faust (Captain)
_huts24_ (Captain)
t1pster
franer_
derik_dalton
blueberry
silenthill
jack_86

mich deactivated 2 months ago ash
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:47 Mon 4 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL - I still omit him from member tagging though.
silenthill
silenthill
19:01 Mon 4 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Well I obviously will no longer tag him, but then will have to get a list of people that do not like being tagged?

Will more people crawl out of the woodwork and demand that they are not tagged either?
I sure there will be plenty. Although if they demand, unlike I did, perhaps they shouldn't be untagged.

Had fun tagging me so much? I didn't receive a single email.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
19:19 Mon 4 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I find the notifications part of the member tag useless (well, I don't use it). I did get the emails but didn't use my emails often so it never bothered me but I have turned notifications off.

Anything important enough for me to be emailed about will either be offline messaged to me, or be on my own clans forum which takes a few minutes to read (quicker than going through my emails to find out where I've been mentioned). If I'm online I get a notification in game which is fine for me.

What I use the member tag for is for the link to opponents profiles, I can open up the profile of every opponent still in a fixture in less time than it takes to type out one opponent in the search bar. Great for checking opponents activity to notify them of an inactive player, seeing if there are any opponents online to do a sub/swap if possible.

Though I have respected members wishes to be removed (I would keep their member tag for the first post as they already have the notification for this, removing them from that doesn't undo the notification but it still is a useful link.)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:16 Tue 5 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
agree 100% with zante. normally i would tag once per page so our clan members don't have to go back pages for up to date fixtures although i agree some captains do it after each result which is not right.

maybe we should do a list of the members who don't want to be tagged and captains or runners check the list before updating fixtures.

the other way would be a http link like i did for Wipeout on Snooker, same difference but not member tagged so no notification however it looks more weird like this example below.

Team A vs Team B

playera vs playerb
playerc vs http://www.funkypool.com/member/playerd
http://www.funkypool.com/member/playere vs http://www.funkypool.com/member/playerf

all do the same thing but only players A, B & C are notified
poolbiird
poolbiird
23:57 Tue 5 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
When I did fixtures I liked to tag the other team but not my own. Reason being..... I sent each of my own members messages with their fixtures. The reason I tagged the other team is so that when we looked at the fixtures, it was easy enough to click on your opponent and message them there and then.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:22 Thu 7 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
When I did fixtures I liked to tag the other team but not my own. Reason being..... I sent each of my own members messages with their fixtures. The reason I tagged the other team is so that when we looked at the fixtures, it was easy enough to click on your opponent and message them there and then.

That's what I used to do. God them were the days, can't remember last time I was captain of a clan.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:35 Thu 7 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  

That's what I used to do. God them were the days, can't remember last time I was captain of a clan.

2 seasons ago ?
cke1982
cke1982
00:00 Sat 9 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i always tagged my clans opposition as its easy for them to message someone and ask them when they want to play there game by pressing the link a lot of people had no problem with it but if they asked me to remove the tag i did
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:00 Mon 11 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, the point of tagging opponents was so that our players could add them with 2 clicks- many used to be too lazy to do it otherwise. Also, it helps late on in the fixture to see which opponents are online.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:24 Mon 11 Aug 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree to being tagged in things on the proviso that the "tagger" includes a funny joke at the bottom of the fixtures in a spoiler.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Fixture tagging

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.