'Best of...' Ranked Games

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

chillibeef
chillibeef
17:51 Sat 10 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
hi guys

Have you ever looked into the possibility of setting up best of frames?? I think this would be a success as like many other players I would like to play someone over a few frames and to see who the best is over 5, 10 frames etc... if a player abandons without completing the required number of fames then they would forfeit the rest of frames not played.

What do you think??
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:34 Sat 10 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think it would be good and have suggested something similar before, in conjunction with autopairing of opponents. That way ranked games could have the same weighting as tournament games giving equal opportunities to climb the ranking tables for players who prefer ranked games to tournaments.

As for the forfeiting part when leaving, it just needs to be treated the same way as for tournament games.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:52 Sat 10 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think it may work for Friendlies but not Ranked unless...

Chris said:
As for the forfeiting part when leaving, it just needs to be treated the same way as for tournament games.

Not sure of Auto pairing as we very rarely see more than 3 games per type but i guess you could use Private room to invite a friend to play Ranked.

Overall, a fairly good idea but you have "auto play" for that although most members leave after one frame anyway
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:59 Sat 10 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Autopairing just means you dont see who the game owner is so that you can't pick and choose your opponent, the same way that you can't in a tournament.
the__priest
the__priest
12:46 Sun 11 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
like this
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:03 Tue 13 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes, but due to constant resetters, youll keep gettin noobs, with no gain for you. Dont know if that is fun.
chillibeef
chillibeef
19:37 Sun 25 Jan 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think this could be done easily and would work!!!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

'Best of...' Ranked Games

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.