Trickshots Idea

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Mon 4 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
How bout a time limit for tourny rounds, after say 10 minutes da person wiv da most balls potted go's through if da games nt finished.

This can b applied to all situations, if the score is 1-all and 3 balls potted each then the tourny bot should randomly chose the winner.

The time limit could be chosen at the tourny owners chosing.
In best of 5 n 7 finals the limit will obviously have to be greater.

Theres flaws in this idea, but it could be changed so tht its suitable for tournys n wil eliminate very long waits where the 2 people involved r obviously nt good enough to win

For tactical battles, da limit wil add n extra element, someone has to get da 'perfect' snooker in the time limit, plus becuase da limit would be reasonably high there should be adequate time for a person to win through.

If this option is not used for evry tourny it cd b used in occasional ones, as people such as my self and trickshot r put of by long waits.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:11 Mon 4 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
slang is becuase i used to many charactors and has to shorten it, i can spell!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:12 Mon 4 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
no need to do it in the final because there will be no 1 waitin will there?
raiden
raiden
18:21 Mon 4 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Nah, tournys are fine the way they are and we also won't be able to take our time on shots and play tactically.

Edited at 23:21 Mon 4/07/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:24 Mon 4 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
waste of time typing that out but i think its a good idea but too much hassle
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:45 Mon 4 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
it adds an extra element for use occasionally, not every tourny, just every now and then ??

Its just an idea, and not even mine, i just interpreted it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:46 Mon 4 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
tournies are the time for tactical play. if anything the time limit should be made longer. but its fine how it is overall
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:31 Mon 4 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
well what happens if its 1-0 in a game
say me n raiden n im 1-0 up...

he breaks pots all 7 messes up on black n its 8 mins into the game..

alls i have 2 do is take my time, snooker n then carry on snokerin till 10 mins has passes n coz iv won that 1 game i'd win the round rite?

dont fink thats really fair do you?
nick
nick
Admin
03:15 Tue 5 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Actually that code is kind of there already (but unused). If players are very slow the idea is both players will be kicked out as a punishment. Harsh but fair?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:17 Tue 5 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
to everybody, i know this idea has flaws, but im sure some form of it could be used to a good effect.

also, the time limit would be quite high 10 mins was a poor example, the time limit would be as such so that only very poor players would ever be in any danger of not finishing a game in time.

It should give enough time for a tactical batlle to go on, and if raiden pots 6 then screws up black lambert, i very much doubt theres 8 minutes gone!!

Edited at 08:26 Tue 5/07/05 (BST)
raiden
raiden
06:34 Tue 5 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah but it'd ruin rocketronnies chances *cough* pot, snooker, snooker, snooker, snooker, get a carry, snooker, snooker, snooker *cough*
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:12 Tue 5 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
thts not fair.im slow and crap... and 4 the sake of his annoyance ill disagree

Edited at 12:13 Tue 5/07/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:33 Tue 5 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
LMAO @ all ov ya and y not playerx.... we cud have a really bad game where 8 mins does go by for just 1 game ya neva know and countin snookers in the 1st frame its easy 2 make a game that long
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:11 Tue 5 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
lambert, dude read what i put!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the 10 min thing is an example, the limit (if its put in place) willl be much higher, and yes its possible, but very unlikely.
raiden
raiden
08:12 Tue 5 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Tournys are bout patience and stamina, this would defeat the point. 8-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:45 Tue 5 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Thats an awful idea, do you realise how many complaints the hosts and mods will get. People will be raged if they were 1 - 1, and the other person went through because they had potted one more ball at the time. This idea is never going to go ahead, but i do agree tournies are a long wait and i cant regularly be bothered to sit down and play for 2 hours..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:24 Tue 5 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Why don't the tournaments just get chopped up into say 2 or 3? It wouldn't be anymore work for the mods surely. Something like the Smackdown and Raw thing they used to have (still do?) in the WWF? I know what I mean, but I don't think I've conveyed it very well..
idiot
idiot
14:36 Tue 5 Jul 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Post removed by an admin
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Trickshots Idea

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.