The Ashes Series

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
bertie
bertie
13:51 Mon 12 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
England saved by weather in 5th Test. Otherwise be 2-2 and Aussies would have won Ashes as usual.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:06 Mon 12 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Well done England!

Great performance by the team, out-played the aussies consistantly throughout the summer.

Re the weather, earlier in the series it was the other way around, so it evened itself out.

Aussies very sporting in defeat, and admitted that england were the better team. Well played and goodbye's to Shane Warne and Glenn McGrath.

Great performance by KP and AG today, batting well for long periods.

Totally deserved victory, and the signs look good for the future with the english team boasting a lot younger team than their australian counterparts. (And who can replace bowlers like Warne and McGrath - two of the best bowlers EVER!)

Great advert for cricket, and a great summer concluded.
bertie
bertie
14:10 Mon 12 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Its disgusting to see Flintoff as Man of Series. Surely Warner should be, batted well for tail ender every innings getting at least 30 and was highest wicket taker with 40 wickets.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:12 Mon 12 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I personally would have gone for Flintoff too, as good as Warne was, its very difficult to give man of the series to a player on a losing side.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:50 Mon 12 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I take my hat off to pietersen, giles, hoggard and s. jones
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:53 Mon 12 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
do you own a hat ;-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:10 Mon 12 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah a very big well done too Hoggard, Freddy and Pieterson.
not forgetting Michael Vaughan who lead us to the victory.
a small well done to warne, as he bowled and batted very well through out.

Edited at 20:26 Mon 12/09/05 (BST)
shaun
shaun
15:43 Mon 12 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
flintoff he played gr8 4 the whole lot! -D
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:52 Mon 12 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yep i agree to what everyones put maybe the best test ever beats the 1853 series by far gr8 performance by all the lads :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:53 Mon 12 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
1953 sorry lol!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:31 Mon 12 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
peitersen should av got 200 lol oh well well in england shame the footy playas arnt as gud
bertie
bertie
20:03 Mon 12 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I know not to watch News orlisten to radio for next week or so. As thats the only thing theyre going on about.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:55 Tue 13 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Bertie i totally agree with you on man of series, without question Warne stood out every test with fantastic performances, he was the man of the series, so regardless of him being on the losing side, he deserved it.

However i disagree on England being saved by the weather, say that had been the 4th day the aussies would have had to chase 370 something which is not an easy target to chase!

Even if the aussies had won that test, 2-2 would have been unfair as England were the best team in 3 tests.

So all in all, a very deserved victory to England, YESSSSSSSSSS!
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Ashes Series

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.