making tournaments mean something

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:49 Wed 10 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
as you prob know i havent entered any tournys for a while.

reasons 1 : i get logged out (which me and nick are trying to sort out)

reason 2 : they dont mean anything when you win them. a while ago tournys were ranked true? also i think before you got your own room? and i know there werent this many a day, there should be 1 a day, maybe 2 on occassions christmas day etc

have use got any ideas?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:24 Wed 10 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
well i do think that 2/3 of the 5 tornaments should be ranked, and at the end the winner should get a lil reward, i.e plus more ranked points, like andy said, get your own room, 9 ihad my own room on buzzie_beee if anyone can remember )

spice it up a bit though nick..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:35 Wed 10 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah i think ranked tourny's were better with a little bonus at the end. i like my other idea on the other thread though.....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:15 Fri 12 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
this has sorta died ?
keep_it_real
keep_it_real
17:24 Fri 12 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i can think of a way that ranked tournys can fit in most ppl dont like ranked tournys ''but i will think of a easy to fit it in
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:09 Mon 15 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i think the tourny's should stay how they are ( friendlies) but the winner should get something eg. 10 ranked points.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:30 Mon 15 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep.

On the point of tournaments as well, when there's one on, it's well hard to find a game if you're not in it. I mean, theres so many games on there, and they're often intermingled so it's pretty hard to find one before the scroll bar goes back to the top! Does that any sense at all?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:30 Mon 15 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i have entered 1 torney in the last 2 month or so, reason being, too common and they are mean absolutely nothing. there is that many that anyone can win them.

maybe we should have 5 torneys a day. 2 'ranked' / 2 'practise' (no prize,played purely for the fun) and 1 torney as they are(win goes on your profile)

i think this would bring a better selection of torneys for all members, as different users want different things out of tournaments.

Edited at 17:33 Mon 15/08/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:45 Mon 15 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
thanks gilli, there is too many :(
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:29 Mon 15 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i think that tournys should stay how they are apart from the saturday marathon tourny, that should be ranked
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:58 Mon 15 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
There should be different types of tournies for example a round robin tourny or a group tourny (first round players are put into groups of 4/5 and they play every1 in their group once, then top 2 of each group go through or something) round one could be on the monday then round 2 & 3 on the tuesday/wednesday and then the quarters/semi's/finals on the weekend, like most tournments are done in true to life events what you guys rekon? and there should be tournaments with the amount of racks played different in each round...mix it up a bit, be a bit more interesting...What about seeded tournaments...so if you've got the highest rank you play the person with the lowest rank to make it more true to life??

There should definately be prizes at least for the main tournaments like ranking points or even some sort of voucher to skip the first round in a tournament or something i dunno lol just something to make it a bit more exciting and worth it!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:14 Tue 16 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
to long, no point, i think we shud have like 10 points aded on, like someone said...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:15 Thu 18 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i try and enter as many tournys as i can, which at most is about once a day, works outs at that anyway because i may be on for two tournys one day, then none the next. I have entered between 7-9 tournys on this name and won 3, which is a good percentage, also overall i have 16 tournys wins since i joined the site on various names (my fault i know in deleting my names!!!)
but im a nobody because i cant enter enough, there are people that have entered 100's and won between 10-20 that are seen as 'legends', i won t mention names because it does not bother me. there are other numerous good players that cant enter enough and so dont have as many as they are good enough to win,

continues next post......

anyway, the POINT to this rant is it would be good if there was some way to make
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:17 Thu 18 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
it so that the best on the site have a chance to win enough tournys to show this, howver, there is not.

if tournys are less numerous then they may be at a time which prevents some people from entering any! this is not fair and so i feel the current system is fine,

does it matter that tournys are not as valued as they used to be?

there still good fun, and thats what the site is about.

however i feel some of these ideas for different style tournys etc are excellent and should be considered to put a new twist on tournys every now and then.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

making tournaments mean something

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Pool Events Forum.
Back to Forum List.