Owen to Premiership?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:41 Wed 24 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
This Owen saga is going on for ages but this morning Newcastle have agreed a fee with Real Madrid for over £15 million. Over £15 million for a player who hasnt proved himself over the last few years, who is short of confidence and is 5th choice striker at Real Madrid?

Is he really worth it?

Ok he scored most goals per minute for Real Madrid last season but many of them were just tap ins, its not just about scoring its about performing well in your all round game like Rooney like Henry like Van Nistelrooy etc.

When did you last see Owen have a magnificent game? Especially for England?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:41 Wed 24 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Poor Jermain Defoe must be wondering what he has to do to win a place in the England team. His confidence is massive atm and he looks like scoring every time he has a pop at goal. Consistently for at least the past 2 seasons or so Defoe has proven what a top quality player he is and he deserves his chance

So go on Newcastle you waste your money Owen for over £15million and you'll still get hammered by us at St James' on Sunday Afternoon.

Edited at 17:42 Wed 24/08/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:47 Wed 24 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
£18 million it is apparently, LMAO. U can tell Owen would rather go elsewhere but if he has to he will join Newcastle.

Silly Michael why did he leave Liverpool? he goes to Real Madrid to try and win the champions league. They fail miserably dont win anything, owen sits on the bench nearly all season and back home liverpool are on an open top bus celebrating winning the champions league. HAHA.

Now he looks like he may be coming back to England to a team who finished 9 places below Liverpool last season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:23 Wed 24 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Owen has apparently agreed an initial fee, with Newcastle. He is crap anyway. Replace him in england team with defoe.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:49 Wed 24 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
liverpool dnt need owen especially. hes not the only striker in the world.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:42 Wed 24 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Bring him to the TOON!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:14 Wed 24 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i agree with gava on one part, when has he played a good game for england? i can only think of a few occasions, and none of them were recent

it's ok saying owen is crap (i say it often myself) but he's a specific type of player. i dont think he'll do very well at newcastle, but i think he'd do well at chelsea

but saying that, a good player is one that can work with any team i suppose. i think the only player more over rated than owen is beckham

rooney and defoe up front for england, all the way. owen is one of them players that just makes me wish i was the england manager!!! grrrr!

(i'm slightly worried about rooney actually. i've not seen him have a good game for england recently...) anyone disagre?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:43 Thu 25 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah I think he would do well at Chelsea coz he can stick the ball in the back of the net and thats what Chelsea need coz they have good service on the wings.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:29 Sun 28 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
owen last gud england game er a hat rick against columbia gava derrrrr
shaun
shaun
11:51 Mon 29 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
well he would b a good asset 2 newcastle but not eorth 16mill
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:30 Mon 29 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i can't see him doing well at newcastle at all. i hope he proves me wrong, cuz i like the guy. but i just can't see it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:31 Mon 29 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
a point i missed...

gava: its about performing well in your all round game like Rooney like Henry like Van Nistelrooy etc

Van Nistelrooy, all around game? :-S
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:23 Mon 29 Aug 05 (BST)  [Link]  
he scores more than rooney....oh and has a great dive btw!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:13 Tue 6 Sep 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Worth every penny
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Owen to Premiership?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.