Bluetooth newbie

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:35 Tue 22 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I just got a dongle thingy for my mobile and i know how to send files from phone to computer, but how on earth do i send stuff from my comp to phone?
Yeah yeah i know......i should know, but i dont.....darn technology, designed to annoy
thanks in advance
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:31 Tue 22 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
You should have the Bluetooth blue icon with a white symbol on your taskbar. If you right-click, the menu should include Send File and Receive File.

I found this website for you; maybe it'll help more! http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=64141
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:44 Tue 22 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
no it doesnt, all that it says is
(from top to bottom)Exit, show messages, Display

If i right click on the shortcut on the desktop , then the usual options appear that you get with any icon, but i double click on it and it opens the programme, but in the options in there i have no idea where too send from PC to mobile(cell phone)
thanks for the link ill have a browse
spinner
spinner
Admin
12:50 Tue 22 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
A lot depends on the bluetooth software, but most give a choice something like this if you right-click a file :

Posted Image

(sometimes bluetooth is an option in the "send to" menu also)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:31 Wed 23 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
yes spinner thats exactly what i get, apart from the 'to bluetooth' bit, i assume i dont need everthing connected and visible for that option to appear in the dropdown menu?

help me ob1spinner, your my only help
spinner
spinner
Admin
11:57 Wed 23 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  

You will indeed have to look through your bluetooth software and make sure "file transfers" or something similar are enabled.

Did you check the "send to" menu for a bluetooth option?

Posted Image
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:10 Wed 23 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thanks spinner and katie i have sorted it, it's all in the bluetooth window, using it is more complex than i thought, but after a few trial runs im happy with the way it works
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:58 Sun 27 Jan 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm still in the wire age when it comes to mobile phones and my computer.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Bluetooth newbie

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.