Viewing forum thread.
Back to Fun and Games.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 17172
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
14:04 Sat 21 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes, the answer is C) the White Album, and you're up to £20,000, Get this right and the least you will leave here with is £50k.

Q1 £500
Q2 £1,000
Q3 £2,000
Q4 £5,000
Q5 £10,000
Q6 £20,000 <-----correct
Q7 £50,000 <-----next question
Q8 £75,000
Q9 £150,000
Q10 £250,000
Q11 £500,000
Q12 £1 million

---------------£50,000---------------
Which of these does NOT play one of the titles roles in the movie The Witches of Eastwick?
A) Michelle Pfeiffer B) Ellen Barkin
C) Cher D) Susan Sarandon
_niall_
_niall_
16:32 Sat 21 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hmm not overly sure about this...I'm nearly sure I know 2 who were almost definitely in it, but I won't name them because I might go 50/50 and don't wanna sway your determination of such ...so I'll go 50/50 please!
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
16:50 Sat 21 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
The decision is made at random!!! And that can be proved!! Cos it will happen here: http://www.chatzy.com/858850154175

And here we go...

---------------£50,000---------------
Which of these does NOT play one of the titles roles in the movie The Witches of Eastwick?
B) Ellen Barkin
D) Susan Sarandon

You have ask the audience left.

Edited at 22:55 Sat 21/11/09 (GMT)
_niall_
_niall_
16:58 Sat 21 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
The 2 I was almost sure that are in it were Cher and Susan Sarandon, though I'm by no means 100% certain...but since Susan is still there, and I've long been encouraged to go with my instincts, I'll go with a) Ellen Barkin...to be honest, I've never even heard of her
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
17:14 Sat 21 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Final answer?
_niall_
_niall_
17:49 Sat 21 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Uh huh
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
18:41 Sat 21 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
You've said B) Ellen Barkin, final answer.

You've never heard of Ellen Barkin? Sea of Love with Al Pacino? This Boy's Life with Robert de Niro? She was even in Into the West, man!!! But despite her lengthy CV, the correct answer is.... B) Ellen Barkin! She was not one of the Witches of Eastwick, but the other three were.

So well done, you're up to E50,000, and that's the minimum you will leave here with. Standby for Question 8. You have one lifeline left, and that's Ask the Audience.

---------------£75,000---------------
Which of these actors recently played the American character Bill in Irish soap opera Fair City?
A) Bill Golding B) Brian Munn
C) Jonathan Ryan D) Michael McElhatton
_niall_
_niall_
06:26 Mon 23 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh dear, okay let's see...

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Bill Golding, as far as I know he's about 100, then again I could be wrong lol...never heard of Brian Munn so it could be him lol...Jonathan Ryan rings a bell, I'm sure I've heard of him before but can't think where...and Michael McElhatton is a pretty well-known Irish actor, but I don't know if he was ever in Fair City or not...so really I don't know lol, so I'm gonna have to ask the audience, though somehow I don't see these lot knowing either...for shame this, used to watch Fair City regularly, to my shame

Ask the audience please!
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
15:18 Mon 23 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Right, I asked the audience, and here's what happened:

A 1.5
B 3
C 1
D 2.5

All your lifelines are up. If you take a guess, you lose nothing. You may as well go for it!

Edited at 21:21 Mon 23/11/09 (GMT)
_niall_
_niall_
17:40 Mon 23 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Dare I ask how decimals managed to come in to this??

In, not up...ta me worse for wear
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
00:32 Tue 24 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Decimals are cos someone answered "D or A"
_niall_
_niall_
09:01 Thu 26 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh dear...okay based on my previous evaluation, I'm going to rule out Bill Golding...I honestly have no idea, I mean it could well be him but I don't think so...anyway, also going to rule out Brian Munn cos I don't know who he is...so Monsieur Ryan or Monsieur McElhatton...I bet I've already ruled out the right answer ...it's a free guess I suppose, so I'll go with d) Michael McElhatton, since that was the second most populous audience answer, and I don't believe it's Brian Munn cos you probably made that name up!

d) Michael McElhatton!

(I'd hog a lot of tv time if I was ever on this show with the amount of crap-talking I do )
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
10:20 Thu 26 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Is that your... final answer?
_niall_
_niall_
10:26 Thu 26 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Somewhat reluctantly, yes
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
10:29 Thu 26 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
It's gone to orange!!!

We'll take a quick break! Don't go anywhere while we see if Niall's right as we play... Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?!
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
11:52 Thu 26 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Right... You know that guy in the Flora ads? "And you know what? You're as young as you feel." That's Brian Munn. He exists! He also features on loads of ads on the radio. But... he's not the answer.

Bill Golding is about 150 and has a long career as a voiceover artist in numerous ads. If you saw that That's What I call the TV 2009 parody at the end of last year, that was him doing the voiceover. It's not him.

You know the guy in Paths to Freedom? He was also Deirdre Kane's husband in Intermission, which starred everyone, including Colin Farrell. He was the guy who was sent to rob the bank while they held his girlfriend hostage. That's Michael McElhatton. I actually thought it was his voice on the Flora ad, but no; I then saw Brian Munn in that Whistleblowers documentary. And he's not the answer, I'm afraid...

The correct answer is...... Jonathan Ryan.

Posted Image

Formerly the star of Bosco and The Irish R.M., Mr Ryan has enjoyed a rampant career as a voiceover artist and a bit of acting, and even played Gerry Adams in that Omagh documentary. See http://www.voiceover.ie/website/film.php for more. I even see him playing JR Ewing in there!!

So... Fancy a crack at asking the questions??
_niall_
_niall_
12:13 Thu 26 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ahh crap, was a complete guess so not surprised!

Yup, I'll ask the questions this time around...just give me a little while
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:27 Thu 26 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lol'ing at the pic
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
12:55 Thu 26 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol

Remember Niall to start off with Fastest Finger First to find a contestant!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:47 Thu 26 Nov 09 (GMT)  [Link]  
ooh *sounds like oodles of fun.. yes oodles"
Pages: 17172
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Fun and Games.
Back to Forum List.