Cant Log out

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:33 Mon 3 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi
sorry if its in the wrong place, but i cant seem to just log out of the home page at FP, i have to literally close the window, then re open via my Browser, also the updates of new posts on forums isnt being refreshed when i return to another thread,i have to close as afore mentioned,i wonder if its linked in anyway... any ideas guys and gals?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:16 Mon 3 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Un-tick Remember ID (if you have that ticked) and when you click log out it should enable you to log out, also if your page isn't refreshing just click F5 on your keyboard tis should refresh the current page you are on. If you don't want to do that, then click on tools > internet options > delete all your cookies saved passwords temporary files ect. and re-install java if needed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:23 Mon 3 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
done all that, ID not ticked, java fine.

still cant log out normally
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:26 Mon 3 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
thats also weird, im logged in now and if i click on Computer and Internet chat link then i need to re log in, but if i click on Cant log out link in this section im logged in again

Edited at 15:27 Mon 3/03/08 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:08 Mon 3 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
well its fine with Firefox just IE is playing silly beggers
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
12:08 Mon 3 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Click this and see what happens:
http://www.funkypool.com/logoff.do (You might need to log in again)

After you log out by clicking the Log off button and it shows you logged in, what happens when you try to post a comment?
spinner
spinner
Admin
14:48 Mon 3 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sounds like you told IE to remember your password. Try clearing the password list : Tools>internet options>content>autocomplete>settings

That might help
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:09 Tue 4 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
Spinner when i get into Autocomplete settings do i need to check/uncheck any particular boxes? im not sure what to do when i get to that part

I forgot to mention my hard drive is brand new (work thing)

Cloone that worked in a way, but once i was back in i couldnt log out again, when i post a comment i can do, even though it shows im logged out.

Very weird, like i say Firefox is fine, so it must be an IE default
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:25 Tue 4 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
tidnab said:
Spinner when i get into Autocomplete settings do i need to check/uncheck any particular boxes? im not sure what to do when i get to that part

I would think you would have to untick 'usernames and passwords on form' and 'prompt m to save passwords' if you have any of them two boxes ticked. Once you have done that click log out and refresh you page (F5) works for me anyway.

Hope it helps you slightly.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:13 Wed 5 Mar 08 (GMT)  [Link]  
ive done all that thanks.
I still cant log out using the conventional log out facility, however if i refresh the page after i click log out i then become logged out, seems (i know i sound lazy) a long way round of doing it
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Cant Log out

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.