Update swear filter for gay

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:17 Sat 28 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
the three letter word for homosexual should be unblocked. i am campaigning for this, people may well use it in an offensive way. people say damn in the same way they might say s*** but damn isnt blocked, g.ay isnt offensive and shouldnt be blocked
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:23 Sat 28 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i agree with this on the basis that it is a word used to describe someone homosexual, and it's actually quite offensive to make this a blocked word! but on the other hand, there are too many idiots on here, the majority of people would presumably use this as an offensive word
milkybarkidd
milkybarkidd
05:16 Sun 29 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
they do anyway, as g ay. unblock the word!! you got my vote :-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:17 Sun 29 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
nah, that word isn't nice and is often used as an insult to start arguments.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:37 Sun 29 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry but its not really a big thing, I mean 1 word being protected from being used as an insult. It's not really a big deal.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:21 Sun 29 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
for some people it is
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:14 Sun 29 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
its like making black banned, or boy
milkybarkidd
milkybarkidd
20:41 Sun 29 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
true, or asl. or sex, or hello ;-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:09 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
oh please ban asl, I'm getting so fed up of it. But that's just me.
sarahs_guy
sarahs_guy
10:10 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
lol u aint alone there m8. i cant stand it. all these guests asking asl, they are only looking for females anyway! say m and they close the box
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:13 Mon 30 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
good advise ! I just tend to close it anyway then they start swearing, then I have to warn them cos I'm a mod then it gets worse ... it's just a nasty circle !
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:30 Tue 31 May 05 (BST)  [Link]  
if ga.y gets unblocked then you should unblock w*p
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:38 Wed 1 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
whish word is w*p? maybe im being thick but i cant think of a rude word spelt like that. im with you on banning asl though.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:13 Wed 1 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
That particular word is used as a racist term towards someone with japanese origins (I believe)

As for the reason for this thread, then I can see your points, they are all valid and good reasons. Unfortunately particular user's use it an offensive manner and as an insult all the time. Some user's get offended by being called it, and some user's don't like it being used as a offensive word. I think the best bet was to add it to the swear filter. I'm not certain though....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:46 Wed 1 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i would agree with you insofar as you are not certain hehe
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:25 Wed 1 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
hmmm, well it's a tough decision. i could not say either way wether i would like that word banned or unbanned, cuz there are good reasons for both, and i dont think either one out sways the other
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:35 Wed 1 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
you are right but ive never actually heard the word used on the site in an offensive way. btw i hold every available last post slot!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:48 Wed 1 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
okay, i am sorry about complaining about the word i mentioned w*p, i had no idea it was racist and seeming as though it is it should stay banned,
milkybarkidd
milkybarkidd
03:50 Fri 3 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
*claps for trianl* not anymore you dont :-P keep ga;y banned, if you do decide to unban the word then make it clear to people that if seen using it offensevly, it will result in an instant booting. :-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:45 Fri 3 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
id just like to pint out how stupid the filter is anyway because all people do is go and put a . in the middle or sumat daft like that!!!
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Update swear filter for gay

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.