referrals

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:14 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i have had an idea, a lot of the forums and other websites have a reward system for referrals, ie when you intorduce someone to the site. im not suggesting rank bonuses as that would be silly, (i lost 11-4 to someone the other day but i still gained 0.4 rank points out of the match) but there could be something i dunno? just a suggestion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:46 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yes....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:46 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
*grin* oh i dunno i just thought it might be a good idea. maybe if you bring someone over from poolgame, you win a prize
raiden
raiden
12:49 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I've got loads of people to join here that had never played online pool before in their life. Referral system would be good but what would the reward be? Something to think about.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:54 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
maybe every time you refer someone you get a point and say a certain number of these points halves the price of premium or some thing like that....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:57 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
thats a good idea diablo
raiden
raiden
12:59 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
What if you don't want premium.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:01 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
..easy thing to lie about though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:02 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
ah good point. well how bout if you get a certain number of points (quite high) you get premium for free. might as well because premium doesnt change anything its just additions, so it wouldnt hurt to have ti raiden. and if you really dont want it dont do referrals
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:13 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
how would you keep track of them? And im sure mods/admins wouldn't liked to be pm'd every two secs
raiden
raiden
13:13 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Nah, when the person you refers signs up it should have a box saying "type here the username of the person who referred you" if someone referred you.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:14 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
thats it raiden
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:37 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yes and in your profile it says how many you have reffered....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
people may lie ;-)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:13 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
in what way? lie about who referred them? what would they gain by that. the only problem i can see is that ppl will create alternate usernames and say they were referred by their original name. but that can be easily enough solved...
raiden
raiden
17:30 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I knew you'd say that, I.P's..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:42 Sat 4 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
well i was thinking it might be time to ban alternate names. it shouldnt be too hard. all my internet and web knowledge comes from other websites im a member of, and some of these are forums. once i got accidentally blocked on a forum. it was alrite because it was admined by a friend of mine. anyway when i tried to create a new name to inform them that i had been blocked, it said "someone has already created a name using that address" surely you could do the same with IP addresses
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:26 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
wonder what nick thinks of this idea... *hint hint*
nick
nick
Admin
02:36 Mon 6 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
"someone has already created a name using that address" could mean that your email address was already registered to a member.

It is (fairly) unusual to block IP addresses signing up multiple times - mainly because this will not work for many users (some users may fairly share an IP address, some users may have more than 1 IP address).

As moderators the only advantage we have is we can block and ban people very quickly ;)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:34 Mon 6 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
fair point.

what about the referral idea
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

referrals

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.