World Championship Snooker 2010

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:03 Mon 3 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah and that then will become a few, they've already seen this, give him a slap on the wrist with his cue so it breaks, give him a new 1 and he'll be back within 6months.

There probs more concernd how they can keep 1 of the best in the game without looking too one sided
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:53 Mon 3 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
if its true about him throwing the game, its a bit of a kick in the balls for Steve Davis, that win meant a lot to him.

or were the allegations concerning other games?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:13 Mon 3 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
no games played future games
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:59 Mon 3 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
wooo well done robertson
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:12 Mon 3 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Woooo Come on robertson, told you people from Leicester aren't allowed to win anything Steph
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:45 Mon 3 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
the thunder from down under
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:49 Tue 4 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
dont you think was a pretty sloppy final for people of there expectations? even if i played i would've had constant 40 50's with em and a couple of 80s
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
06:21 Tue 4 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I didn't see the first three sessions (I only saw the last couple of frames of the second), but from what I saw of the fourth, it was pretty sloppy with a lot of missed pots. In the end, Robertson came good and performed, but Dott was poor.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:03 Tue 4 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I used to be semi-pro at junior level, The Crucible is a whole different class though, I've played in front of 50-100 people and even then the nerves are unbearable, but the final of a world championship professional event, I'm not suprised they were nervous, congrats to robertson though, tough ride to get this far...and I've even played a frame with him
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:00 Tue 4 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_robdut_ said:
I used to be semi-pro at junior level, The Crucible is a whole different class though, I've played in front of 50-100 people and even then the nerves are unbearable, but the final of a world championship professional event, I'm not suprised they were nervous, congrats to robertson though, tough ride to get this far...and I've even played a frame with him

Did you win?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:04 Tue 4 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_robdut_ said:
Woooo Come on robertson, told you people from Leicester aren't allowed to win anything Steph

Grr meany

Well chuffed for neil esp as him mum was there to watch him
qpounder
qpounder
23:34 Tue 4 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
if john higgins didnt throw his match against davis he would have beat robertson in the next round for sure
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:12 Wed 5 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
qpounder said:
if john higgins didnt throw his match against davis he would have beat robertson in the next round for sure

He didnt throw his match

as stated in news the match fixing scandal is for up and coming matches not past ones
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:29 Wed 5 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
am glad notin was mentioned about throwing the davis match becuase that win was huge was steve and if it came out that higgins threw it it would be heartbreaking for the nugget
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:35 Wed 5 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
would also more then likely mean the public then try to force him out due to toying with emotions, 300k to lose what? 4 frames? cant disagree with that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:58 Wed 5 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_matt_ said:
would also more then likely mean the public then try to force him out due to toying with emotions, 300k to lose what? 4 frames? cant disagree with that

well actually you can because it's morally and professionally wrong, most people in a "normal" career would lose their jobs for taking bribes like that.

e.g. if I payed my lecturer £30,000 to give me a 1st so I could get a top of the line job, if he got found out, he'd lose his job and wouldn't be able to teach again...so yeah, you can disagree
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:59 Wed 5 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
thanatos said:
_robdut_ said:

Did you win?

lmao errmm...no, he abliterated me
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:42 Wed 5 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
i was messing you numpty, hence the wink
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:53 Wed 5 May 10 (BST)  [Link]  
_matt_ said:
i was messing you numpty, hence the wink

I know, just thought I'd make sure to teach the kids of fp about morals