I'd like to refresh a subject raiden pointed out...

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:19 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
"Basically the rules of the game on this site have been twisted to: Almost anyone on the site could be a mod/admin (excluding the fact that they bend the rules). Befriend a mod and you’re almost guaranteed a moderation position on the site. The demoting rules have been changed also. E.g. If you have a screeny and/or copy and pasted conversation of a mod/admin swearing or abusing the rules, they don’t even get a warning, let alone a boot. Banning rules have changed, if you swear in a chat room and/or game, you get booted, sometimes without warning; these rules must change for an admin, if a mod/admin swears it is normally overlooked. If you argue with a mod/admin its normally seen as abusing the rules, again its another boot. In all honesty the site now has a bending rule policy, correct me if I’m wrong. The rule for a moderator is to swear, let him/her do what the hell he wants and not get demoted or booted from the site. Again correct me if I’m wrong."
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:20 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Raiden said this a while back, apparently written by a friend.

I've been on the site for almost a year and i agree with that cos there has been alot of bad moderator choices. And i wanna see the mods or admins see what they have to say about it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:47 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
methinks raiden is still sore about him not being mod anymore ;-)

but some good points. i myself have been banned for just disagreeing with a moderator, who then got his Mr Admin friend to bann me. the excuse was i was swearing and spamming in the forums, but when anyone asked for evidence they could not put it forward. this was also over looked when i talked to admins. when i asked about my banning they just told me i was on a final warning
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:50 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i reckon when you get bootd or banned the evidence against you should be sent to you, and if you claim otherwise, they post it on the site. it would be petty but it would squash the arguing about unbanning this person and that person
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:01 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Meh, it was me that wrote all that anyway. Raiden just posted it on the site to see what the admins would do to work their way out of it ¬_¬.
I wrote it in word to make it sound proffessional, and raiden isnt sore about losing his mod position its just the fact that i'd probably make a better mod than most of the mods on the funky team.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:02 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
im afraid youve instantly killed any chance you had of being a mod.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:03 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I never wanted to be mod. Sure if someone offered me a mod position i would more than likely take it. Although i fail to see the point in being a mod.
raiden
raiden
20:08 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I can confirm he's never wanted to be mod, it would just contradict everything he's ever said to me.. but yeah, all those points are true.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:09 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
did i say he did?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:12 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Ok calm down. The point of this thread is only to see what the mods/admins have to say about it not to argue ¬_¬
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:16 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
sorry didnt mean to sound argumentative. if i had id have said

tell me where i said that then raiden ya pr*ck!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:17 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Hahah. In the words of wimpy "im loving it"
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:40 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
which Mr admin was that mislead
robin_hood
robin_hood
23:36 Sun 5 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Post removed by an admin
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:47 Mon 6 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Nah i dont hate the moderators/admins...But some of them do bend the rules to their liking.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:54 Mon 6 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I tend to give two warnings before booting, but believe this can vary from mod to mod.

People don't get chosen just for liking a moderator/admin, however, these people MAY get put forward to become a possibility. These possibilities are then considered from the site owner/developer (nick) and then the rest of the staff are asked for opinions. If the rest of the staff are happy, then the user has a very high chance of moderator. (The user is just watched for a couple of weeks to make sure he/she's alright!)

Hope this helps.

nicknax

(EDIT: Please read the instructions for full details on requirements to be a moderator)

Edited at 06:57 Mon 6/06/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:59 Mon 6 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol i thought someone would get out of it sooner or later. Yeah i repect that fact. But even you know some of the choices were bad. Correct?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:01 Mon 6 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes. There are some I'm not too pleased with myself. I'm not too fussed, but yeah, I get what you're saying!
nick
nick
Admin
03:15 Mon 6 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
"The demoting rules have been changed also. E.g. If you have a screeny and/or copy and pasted conversation of a mod/admin swearing or abusing the rules, they don’t even get a warning, let alone a boot."

We've received 1 e-mail with a screen shot against a mod/admin and it was dealt with it appropriately.

"Banning rules have changed, if you swear in a chat room and/or game, you get booted, sometimes without warning; these rules must change for an admin, if a mod/admin swears it is normally overlooked."

The rules should be fairly consistent. A minor swear word ie "****, i missed" could be overlooked. A serious swear word used in an insult will warrant a warning. Serious swearing / racist behaviour / unprovoked swearing / spamming can get an immediate boot.

By the way, recently we have redeveloped the code so we have much better accountability on which moderator/admin have booted which user and for what reason. This is a step in the right direction to have greater consistency while moderating, which I agree is an issue.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

I'd like to refresh a subject raiden pointed out...

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.