Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:46 Sun 15 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
And i could've realllllly used it, bottom of both leagues :'(

finished some drastic changes to my team, and can only hope for the best in IKTS
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:44 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz said:
Man if that arsenal ---- hadn't fouled Pepe i would've got some good score from the liverpool game :'(

even better if liverpool scored after that ref's blunder

Is that Reina's new nickname or somet?

There was nothing wrong with the challenge on the keeper, no arms on him, won the ball. Keepers get too much protection in the game, that was a fair challenge and the blunder lies with Reina.

You ask top goalkeepers how to catch those type of balls and it's above your head to prevent an incoming player nicking it off you. Reina had his arms down and trying to take it to his chest.

Then he multiplied the howler by chucking the ball into his net.

I would say Joe Cole was perhaps unlucky to be sent off, but what Gerrard said after the game was hypocritical. Nothing new from Gerrard, saying Koscielny got him sent off. If you look at the tackle, he went through his leg which was probably why it was red. And Gerrard would have probably been down for longer and in my opinion, Gerrard should have been off, two bad challenges from him.

But of what I saw, Atkinson had a decent game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:05 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
A decent man united performance here will increase my lead at the top...

Have made some serious change to the team if it wasnt for drogba in captain position I would be a bit stuck!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:40 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
alex same here i had kirkland in goal what a mistake that was, and reina on the bench, got nani in my team for tonights game
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
08:57 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
You've got to catch the ball where it is, for him to catch that above his head he would've had to kneel down, is that better?

Keeper had two hands on the ball and that dirty Ronaldo wannabe jumped into him, knocking the ball out his hands, simple - foul.

Gerrard should've been sent off? what game did you watch, clearly some other game

Their only english player should've been sent off if Joe Cole was sent, missed the ball and had studs showing on a slide tackle on Mascherano which was worse than the Cole tackle

Oh and it made me laugh a little at the stupid commentators saying when both feet are off the ground, its reckless and should be sent off as a replay of it shows quite clearly 1 foot sliding on the ground
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:37 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I got 31 in dream team and +30 on ikts not great. i chose anelka instead of drogba grrr
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:14 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, Gerrard's foul on Eboue, going in from behind and getting man and no ball = yellow card? Not according to Atkinson but letter of the law says yellow card for that tackle.

And then the bad tackle on Chamakh in the second half which he did get booked for.

Yellow + Yellow = Red. That was Liverpool v Arsenal, not Liverpool v Tellytubby United.

And Cole's red card Zak, they are saying he wasn't in control and even though the right foot in on the ground, there doesn't appear to be much control. I would say it was harsh, but apparently referees are trying to cut those sort of tackles out of the game

And oh, the Reina thing, he stopped. That's why it went low on him, run out, hands in air, catch it unchallenged. Instead stopped, let Chamakh win the the ball and then fumble it in the net, good goal, poor keeping

Edited at 15:16 Mon 16/08/10 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:45 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
ikts top of the league
fpl 7th

not bad so bring it on
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
10:47 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Come on Utd, need a 3-1 win tonight and rooney to get a hat-trick and vidic to assist all 3 lol

Edited at 15:49 Mon 16/08/10 (BST)
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
10:53 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Refs can show leniency, and the letter of the law is the refs decision is final.

Chamakh was diving all over the place should've been booked for as well as a few other arsenal players (and the penalty/freekick for the foul on Torres which never came)

Yeah but the thing is the commentators were saying he should be sent because he had 2 feet off the ground, yet earlier on Wilshere had two feet off the ground against Mascherano after one or two previously reckless tackles without a card and only got a yellow, commentators said oh we'll let him off

It doesn't matter whether Reina stopped or not, he had two hands on the ball and Chamakh jumped into him knocking the ball out of his hands, nothing Reina could do to stop him. Chamakh didnt win the ball, he fouled the keeper
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:09 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
i have rooney in fpl
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:49 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
boloz i had man utd to win 2-0
stupid giggs 85th minute 3-0
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:15 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
i think i had 3-1 or 3-0
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:16 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
i think i had 3-1 or 3-0
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
17:19 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
you had 3-0 m8, nice 30 points for you there wd

2-0 would of got me 30 or if newcastle had scored 60

Still got 20 though so not the end of the world

and a clean sheet from vidic

Edited at 22:23 Mon 16/08/10 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:30 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
that is even further clear at top of the league
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
17:34 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep, your off to a good start mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:00 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Can't complain clean sheet for vidic, a 2-0 would have been nice but the ff is the biggy!

On about 77 now :D
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
18:06 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Thought newcastle might make more of a go of it and said 2-1 united, but still didnt go down any further

just giving you all a head start

and FF

again im 21st and 14 points behind 20th

just a head start
mr_pink_eyes
mr_pink_eyes
18:07 Mon 16 Aug 10 (BST)  [Link]  
you'll get +10 for getting right outcome so will be on -50 now m8

Was gutted about ff, left cech out has had injury and left scharwz in and turned out to be other way lol and made a change beforehand in midfield but didn't register so lost about 12 points :(

Edited at 23:12 Mon 16/08/10 (BST)
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Premier League FF and PL

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.