Green Day concert. anyone?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:09 Tue 7 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i'm goin to see green day on saturday 18th june. anyone else going?!?!

if not, let me know what other concerts you have recently been to/or are going to soon
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:39 Tue 7 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
my mates going on the saturday at milton keynes(obviously)

im hopefully going 2 see ffaf and bullet for my valentine at rock city in notts. going to be mental. havnt been to any recently.
raiden
raiden
18:36 Tue 7 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
Umm.. no. Shoulda went and seen em back when they were good, poser.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:16 Wed 8 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah hope you have fun, don't make too much noise or you will be chucked off site, whos supporting? elton john or girls aloud?
raiden
raiden
11:20 Wed 8 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
HAHAHAHAHA. Funny stuff.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:03 Wed 8 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
raiden, you probs dont like the new album cuz its anti-america

anyway, they are still good, and if my sources are correct they are only playing 3 songs from the american idot album anyway. american idiot, boulivard of broken dreams, and wake me up when september ends
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:08 Wed 8 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
o how them songs are so 'bleep'! the new album is pathetic and the worst album i have in my posesion. i might sell it to some random chav. the best song on their new album is 'she's a rebel'. there old stuff was awsome, now their music is pathetic.

Edited at 20:08 Wed 8/06/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:08 Wed 8 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I went to give it a name, saw funeral for a friend, rise against, coheed and cumbria, alexisonfire, fightstar, mai, the lucky nine and FINCH!, ive also been to see death from above 1979 and the mars volta, in july im going to see funeral for a friend, bullet for my valentine and a static lullaby (forgot them gilli)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:11 Wed 8 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yea that line up is awsome. i seriously cant belive bullet for my valentine are a support band! well ffaf are amazing though. hours is out monday, can't wait.
bullet for my valentine are definatly one of my favourite bands!

Edited at 20:13 Wed 8/06/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:16 Wed 8 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
excuse me, say hello to sunshine came out this monday, finch are just as good as b4mv and ffaf.
Yeh but all the acts at give it a name in theory were 'supporting' ffaf, all balls if you ask me, if there there then you can watch them, who cares what order they are.
Yeh i will be buying hours though, ffaf are a good band.

Edited at 20:17 Wed 8/06/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:21 Wed 8 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
im not that kean on finch. one of my mates went to a nfg concert and he said that a support band were better than them(fastlane) lol. nfg are nothin special though. theyre old stuff is ok. so support bands can be better than the band theyre supporting.

hours is going to make ffaf, where as previous albums didn't! i hope all the songs are as good as streetcar, if they are it is going to be a absolute awsome album
raiden
raiden
17:49 Wed 8 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
raiden, you probs dont like the new album cuz its anti-america

Why would I care? It's a crap album, their worst.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:02 Wed 8 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
no way man its their best! its certainly the most musical, much less of the power chord strumming, more riff based, and more sensible lyrics, more focus more reason. its also their... whats the word... heaviest album i suppose, altho thats not quite the right word
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:08 Wed 8 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
the old stuff is much better, yes. but lyrically it is a good album.

raiden seems to think he is the only one on funkypool to ever have heard the first albums
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Wed 8 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
i have dookie and nimrod, but i downloaded most of the songs of the others, and i have superhits and shenanigans. i think u would be right that mostly if someone thinks their latest album is their best its cos theyve jumped on the bandwagon but ive been covering green day songs with bands since i started one, and ive loved green day ever since i started listening to music that wasnt the same as everyone else ie not girl bands and boy bands etc
raiden
raiden
19:27 Fri 10 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I actually heard Wake Me Up When September Ends before the album was released here in the UK and I thought it was a brilliant song, but album-wise.. it's a crappy album.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:17 Sat 11 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
holiday is good. and you cant beat a concept album, even if the actual concept is a little hazy. the good thing about it in my mind is the songs are so obviously linked they wont stand well as singles, and that can only mean good things! the only bad song on the album is american idiot.

EDIT: also if you drop a band when they are no longer cool amongst hardcore punk fans, then you are the poser. bit like supporting a football team until they start losing

Edited at 10:18 Sat 11/06/05 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:35 Sat 11 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
the album is anti-war (and that is the same as anti america, because america = war) ;-)

most of the songs on the new album are good, but yes, as an album it doesn't reach the standards of dookie or warning.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:56 Sun 12 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
yeh triangl people who drop bands think there being cool and not 'mainstream' but there actually copying everyone else who does the same thing meaning there just another tag along, i like what i like, end of story!
raiden
raiden
15:36 Tue 14 Jun 05 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm not 'droping' the band. I'll always like em, one of the first bands I liked.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Green Day concert. anyone?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.