Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
crazzymadman
crazzymadman
Admin
00:11 Fri 3 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-11902165

So looks like im going to have to get wrapped up for Russia! Oh wait!

What the hell is going on here!

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/bodies/exco.html

Lets take a look at the FIFA exec team! Bunch of overpaid and bribed ////////////////////////.

So its now 2026 before we can again try!

Not taking it away from Russia! But Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin must have given loads of cash! Yet again a western country misses out for years!

Hope the tickets are cheap as the country is the most over priced place!

sepp blatter Just retire!

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:14 Fri 3 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Cheers British Media!

Cheers Birmingham an villa!

Sepp Blater just retire!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:31 Fri 3 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol the mafia is hosting the world cup you mean

you cant blame media matt you see reports of russian government links to mafia they reckon putin controls em

2026 is better anyways its 60 years on from when we won.

can always go for a Euros bid

FIFA needs massive reform and tbh we should never have dropped out from 2022 it didnt gain us any more votes
warney
warney
00:53 Fri 3 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
We can NOT host the 2026 World Cup, the next possible World Cup for England to host is 2030. As each continent can only host one world cup every 12 years. South American nations could not have hosted either the 2018 or 2022 World Cups as Brazil have the 2014.

And those incidents at St Andrews is not a one off, has happened at Old Trafford when Man United fans pitch invaded against Villa and even worse when Millwall played West Ham in the FA Cup. Also Luton Town fans last season throwing stuff at York players after they lost in the play-offs.

I wouldn't call those people fans Matty, I think some of them are just part of these gangs that associate with clubs (like Green Street) such as Villa, Birmingham, West Ham, Millwall, Wolves, West Brom, Cardiff and many others. Unfortunately Birmingham is known for gangs that go out and attack others that are different to them, it isn't just football, but obviously football gets highlighted greated than a violent attack in the street on a night out

Also Alex, think it was agreed that European nations would battle for the 2018 bid with the other nations battling for the 2022 bid. It would have been impossible for us to win the 2022 bid if a European nation won the 2018 for the same reason I mentioned above
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:36 Fri 3 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Qatar being given the World Cup is the death of football for me. I thought the international game was the last pure aspect of football, immune from the influence of money. How wrong was I. A country the size of Birmingham, with temperatures betwenn 40 and 50 degrees with a serious lack of suitable stadiums. Not to mention some of their laws. Oh, but they have bags of money, that's ok then. I would back countries to resign from FIFA. I have no qualms with Russia getting 2018, although money probably influenced that too, as they had a very good bid and the English FA and media didn't deserve a thing. Yes, I'm annoyed .
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:05 Fri 3 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
youve answered your problem with lack of suitable stadiums there. they have bags of money to build them with! temperature-controlled so heat shouldnt be a problem at least for the games.
remember, qatar has hosted a number of events with excellent reviews- asian games, youth world cup, etc... nothing quite as big as the world cup, but i think they will have less trouble hosting than russia.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:08 Fri 3 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Shall we guess who voted for England?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:37 Sat 4 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
The thing that has me about Qatar is that they ranked last in FIFA's suitability report from whenever they did the report - due to the extreme heat, little pre-existing stadia and being a minow footballing nation.

However in their final 30 minute pitch to the executive, they all the sudden promissed air conditioned stadiums so players dont play in 50 degree heat and they promissed to 'pack up all the stadiums and send them to third world countries after the WC'.

There are already indoor snow fields in Dubai and other parts of the Middle East - so aircon is no problem.

But you tell me how they take down a stadium intact and just send it to another country....

As well as that - FIFA had an issue with the Australian bid for a short time that there would be possibly three stadiums in Melbourne if Australia won the world cup. However, Qatar will have at least 12 stadiums in the space of Melbourne city.

So going from zero to hero in a matter of days is quite suspiscious. Australia is dissapointed at not getting the 2022 WC, but we are upset about the suspicious nature of this succesful bid.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:05 Sat 4 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i heard quatar are building a 7 million seater stadium with gold plated grass.

you heard it here first folks
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:06 Tue 7 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
everyone believes their country should have got it for various reasons - quite obvious - i am really disappointed England didnt get it but if I was a FIFA official, I wouldnt want to come near the country that tried to frame me and where hooliganism is such a problem - STILL!!!!

do you think you would have had the scenes from St Andrews in Moscow - nope!!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:03 Tue 7 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
They do in Rio though
rubber_duck
rubber_duck
14:20 Tue 7 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Good way to lose £15million by putting a World Cup bid in....Ive just posted a cheque to Sepp Blatter so hopefully my back garden should be hosting the 2030 World Cup
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:22 Tue 7 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
aye - but they also have beautiful

beaches
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:09 Wed 22 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
england never got the world cup...deal with it, no excuses, u never had the divine right to host it and stop listening to all the media brain washing. every year the english talk about who they r goin 2 play in the final when theyve not even started the world cup, arrogance is the english worst enemy. They will never win the world cup as there is far 2 much pressure from the whole country and ill just sit back and laugh. gutted
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:14 Wed 22 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
also what makes every1 think england should of got the world cup instead of russia? and whats qatar got to do with your failed bid to host the world cup before that 1? blame every1, excuses, conspiracies lol things will never change.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:16 Wed 22 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
theres nothing wrong with a new country hosting it. no1 was saying this ten years ago about s.africa hosting it and that was risky but evry1 in england was for it. But bcoz you failed its spit the dummy out
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:18 Wed 22 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
n btw i support scotland so ill take any flak that comes my way lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:17 Wed 22 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
we were all for south africa cos it had the resources to actually host it.
we lost that bid too for 2006 so its the same scenario. do your homework. and lets be honest FIFA have been corrupt for years its full of foreigners stealing a British game and then even having the cheek to deny us holding a tournament for OUR OWN GAME. and the amount of times we've made a bid and failed is ridiculous we should have won at least 1 world cup bid in the last 20 years.
stueyy
stueyy
13:49 Wed 22 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
murphybhoy please make use of the 'edit post' option if you have more to add.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
15:26 Wed 22 Dec 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
murphybhoy said:
england never got the world cup...deal with it, no excuses, u never had the divine right to host it and stop listening to all the media brain washing. every year the english talk about who they r goin 2 play in the final when theyve not even started the world cup, arrogance is the english worst enemy. They will never win the world cup as there is far 2 much pressure from the whole country and ill just sit back and laugh. gutted

That just seems to be a dig at England, nothing much to do with the world cup, so the whole of England will join you in sitting back and laughing as scotland won't ever make the final (oh and seeing as we already have won the world cup, you should say 'they will never win the world cup again' because you're 44 years behind otherwise)

_emily_ said:
but if I was a FIFA official, I wouldnt want to come near the country that tried to frame me and where hooliganism is such a problem - STILL!!!!

do you think you would have had the scenes from St Andrews in Moscow - nope!!!!

Actually, the hooliganism problem is much worse in other countries, such as Russia - where that goes beyond the day of a football match, and beyond the places the matches are

There are many more football firms and ultra's in places like Russia than there are in England, and the hooliganism involves a lot more racism - you only need to go on google or youtube to search for it and see which is worse
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

England world cup bid

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.