Help please..

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
_ghost_
_ghost_
19:54 Wed 16 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I got a mate who works in a gamer shop he can get me slimelime 250GB for 170 if i want it but they dont look nice haha i like the fat ones and he would give me it for 80 brand new plus i got to do his dishes for a week haha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:08 Thu 17 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sporting,
I dont know if you have the problem solved or not yet, but you're going about it all wrong. I just had to fix a problem like that.

What you need to do is uninstall AVG. That's actually causing the problems. I dont know how it happened or why, but i just had to fix the exact same problem with someone elses computer.

Once you do that you will be able to get on the browser again
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:51 Fri 18 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think it was because the actual file of AVG was, in fact, a virus, so it messed up all the computer's browsers. (The person he helped was my uncle.) Not sure if that was just a one-time thing, but Psyco uninstalled AVG and the problem was fixed.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:40 Sat 26 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I ve found where the bearshare is hiding out. Its in my applications when i go into task manager but its called an undeleteable file. if anyone can think of a way to help my situation without me resetting i appreciatie it. My god the girlfriends never downloading anything again.
Oh and thanks to everyone who has responded to be im very grateful.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:48 Mon 28 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
There's about 3 different problems within one thread... useful!

Bearshare - although you might've uninstalled the program, the services may still be left running.

Fix -
Start >
Run >
Type > "msconfig"

A menu will pop up, select the services tab and tick the "hide all microsoft services". Have a cheeky look through the remaining list for any Bearshare remnants, if found untick.

Press OK and do a restart.

If I'm honest I doubt this will be the fix, it's difficult to determine what the actual problem is without knowing more.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:40 Mon 28 Feb 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
dark_cloud said:
There's about 3 different problems within one thread... useful!

Bearshare - although you might've uninstalled the program, the services may still be left running.

Fix -
Start >
Run >
Type > "msconfig"

A menu will pop up, select the services tab and tick the "hide all microsoft services". Have a cheeky look through the remaining list for any Bearshare remnants, if found untick.

Press OK and do a restart.

If I'm honest I doubt this will be the fix, it's difficult to determine what the actual problem is without knowing more.
Theres no sign of the bearshare in the area specified mate. Thanks anyway.
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Help please..

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.