FBL Discussion and News thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Funky Billiards League.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 13536
dextr
dextr
18:55 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It looks like a oversight while doing pre season fixtures for which i take responsibility. The team sheet for the fixtures must have not been checked against the Clan team sheet.
Measures will be put in place so this does not happen again and when a new player is added to a clan sheet during a fixture set the players name will be colour coded on the website so this type of thing cannot happen again.
Also runners will be informed to always check the Clan team sheet before making a sub to confirm if a player is eligible.

I will discuss this further with tinie today at some point.
We may have to allow (for pre season only) any player that has been added to their Clan team sheet after the fixtures were released become eligible to play in the fixture. (Except members with accounts under 1 month old, this rule will still apply).

Edited at 16:22 Wed 12/10/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:03 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The players aren't eligible dextr only one match has been played by solskjaer in the fixtures that should be scrubbed and matches have to be completed by eligible players.
This is a long standing rule in both leagues and there is plenty of time left for the team to complete games there is no way this rule should be broken and changing it is out of the question in my opinion.
All teams knew the rules beforehand and the pre-season friendlies are to show reliability the rules have to be the same for these matches as they are for the season.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:17 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It's admirable of you for taking the blame for this Dextr but you and Tinie etc can't be expected to check absolutely everything with each fixture, swap and sub that is made.

The team in question is not a new team so they would have known the rules. These pre-season friendlys are to check teams reliability and willingness to abide by the rules.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:28 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
what i would do is tell the team in question to check the rules on the website, maybe a quote highlighting that specific rule (maybe they thought month rule wasn't in place?) and then that would make the game ineligible.

and mistakes happen, not your fault, main thing is people point them out before its too late and then you take action if its a friendly reminder, warning or whatever.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:31 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Wasn't the month rule James the players weren't registered to shooters before the fixtures started.
They are all well aware that makes those players ineligible for these games and you can't change the rule because every team being able to add anyone they like now to get their games done would be totally wrong.
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
20:15 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dextr said:
We may have to allow (for pre season only) any player that has been added to their Clan team sheet after the fixtures were released become eligible to play in the fixture. (Except members with accounts under 1 month old, this rule will still apply).

If i am reading this correctly (apologies if not)

I think that you have to ask the question:

Does removing of this rule give an advantage to all teams to get games played?

Yes.

In my opinion i think that by allowing players to be eligible if they were added after the fixture set would make the target amount if games to get into the league pointless as people would exploit this.

What should be done to the fixture already played by an ineligible player?

I think that this problem should be resolved by making the fixture played void, and the others involving the ineligible players should be swapped and draw a line under this misunderstanding/misinterpretation/mistake.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:16 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
thats what i sent too.
dextr
dextr
20:31 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
[B][B]IMPORTANT[/B][/B]

Shooters Revenge have submitted 2 players that were not on the FBL Clan Sheet in time for Pre Season therefore these players fixtures are invalid.

[B][U]Shooters Revenge vs Top Pool Aces[/B][/U]

[MEMBER]solskjaer20[/MEMBER] vs xtremx
[MEMBER]mdj[/MEMBER] vs thby

and

[B][U]Unbeatables vs Shooters Revenge[/B][/U]

master_p00l vs [MEMBER]solskjaer20[/MEMBER]
_pro__frog_ vs [MEMBER]mdj[/MEMBER]

Could Shooters Captain now replace these players with eligible ones. Please Post on this thread the players that will be replacing the above.
bulldog_oc
bulldog_oc
20:45 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
hello dextr ,
i was reading the quote up here

dextr said:

will this still apply? or is this not happening?
dextr
dextr
20:49 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
No its not happening notice the "we may". Its been discussed and Shooters have to make changes.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:54 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
So does the game already played have to be replayed? It shouldn't stand little bit unfair on the other team but like i said before there is plenty of time left.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:55 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Just seen your post on shooters...explains all lol well sorted dex
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:57 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
if shooters have to make changes any scores involving those ineligible players is considered invalid, goes got partially played or completed games

makes it fair according to rules and fair on everyone.

P.S. same scenario if a clan folds
dextr
dextr
21:55 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Clan List that was sent in

1. blueberry (captain)
2. doubted2 (vice captain)
3. relisys
4. its_me
5. roberts
6. potlimit
7. chalkie35
8. tozzie
9. compo2007
10. justafluke
11. ritcho
12. jame2010s
13. andyw1
doubted2
doubted2
22:00 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ive sent a team sheet in

after this please sort before anymore posts please

blueberry sent this in

i sent one after,,,, which ommitted andyw1 and added the other 2 players

this is a friendly what does it matter anyway hmmmmmm
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
22:02 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
doubted2 said:
this is a friendly what does it matter anyway hmmmmmm

the friendlies are designed to test the functioning and the reliability of clans to get games played. This helps reduce defaults in the season
doubted2
doubted2
22:08 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
if it dosnt conern you butt out

dex i was asked by you to post the team to you which i did

colin had already done this 3 days before

so if you are saying you didnt recieve this let me know

i dont need the crap of this very easy for me to leave it all to colin .......he has no puta

your choice
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
22:11 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
craig, i take my role as league runner seriously, we are trying to come to a solution and iron out this problem
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:13 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Rules are rules as you are always the first to preach craig. When dextr was posting on everyone's threads for team sheets to be posted in full it was quite clearly stated on team changes thread.
Fatmikee had a player refused eligibility because he had posted it on the wrong thread so you aren't being singled out just accept it.
5 days left and plenty of eligible players at your disposal.
doubted2
doubted2
22:16 Wed 12 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
do you need to have any input on this thread frog im sure dextr is more than capable to do so

yes thats a fact because when i checked the website i put them on

but if you are clever to you will also see andyw1 plays for us and top dogs
dooooooooooh

hence i made a new team list and posted it to dextr

so why is andyw1 still in our team and top dogs

and why is there no enquiry there

the new team sheet was sent you need to find it

rules maybe be rules

so why not find new team sheet thats there
that shows andyw1 plays for 2 teams hence a new one was done

stop trying to be a fool and sort it like ive said why is andyw1 on 2 teams

new team sheet