Champions League Final - 2011

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
joker86
joker86
15:13 Thu 26 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The Champions League Final takes place this Saturday(28th May - 19:45 UK time).

F.C Barcelona vs Manchester United (at Wembley)

Thoughts?
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
19:27 Thu 26 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Barcelona 3 - 1 Manchester United

Seen the match ball aswell? It's sweet.

EDIT: Image isn't working. So here's a link.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/adidasfinalechampionsle.jpg/

EXTRA EDIT: I got myself a replica of that ball other day, it's so nice. Quality ball to kick about aswell, seems to curve easier than others.

Edited at 18:00 Thu 26/05/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:28 Thu 26 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
2-1 utd
_niall_
_niall_
21:57 Thu 26 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
bunrzybhoy said:

EXTRA EDIT: I got myself a replica of that ball other day, it's so nice. Quality ball to kick about aswell, seems to curve easier than others.

THIS...throw in Messi first goal and 3-1...50/1 BANKER!
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
22:51 Thu 26 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
_niall_ said:
bunrzybhoy said:

Nice one, Did you bet on it Niall?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:41 Fri 27 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
4-2 barca
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
01:27 Fri 27 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Barca 4-1 Man United
fry06
fry06
03:56 Fri 27 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
3-0 Barca

Cmon Barca!! wipe floor with the scum
cool_dude
cool_dude
05:26 Fri 27 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
2-1 United - Hernandez FGS
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:46 Fri 27 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Dont know how the mancs gna get the ball of xavi n iniesta to score 2 goals, barca will just dominate the midfield....Cmon 2-0 Barca
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
16:23 Fri 27 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The problem with United that makes it more difficult for them is that the quality of their centre midfielders are poor, therefore i predict a 2-0 win for barca
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:13 Fri 27 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
2-0 united!! chicarito
_niall_
_niall_
07:19 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
bunrzybhoy said:
_niall_ said:
bunrzybhoy said:

Nice one, Did you bet on it Niall?

I sure did...paddy power refunding bets if Barca win in 90 minutes...free bet if ya ask me!
joker86
joker86
07:42 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
My prediction: 2-0 Barcelona

We all know Barcelona are world class in everything they do on the pitch and you would be crazy to deny it! They have matured since 2009 and more importantly, improved greatly.

Manchester United have admittedly done well this season and are deserved premiership winners and a very impressive run through this seasons champions league campaign.

Manchester United needs the ball to cause any threat let alone score and I don't believe they will see as much of it as Barcelona will. But, you never know in these kind of matches!

Hope the best for both teams and really looking forward to a great match. Someone has to lose unfortunately!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:47 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
You have to consider Barcelonas defence in this game. You have Abidal and Puyol coming back from major injuries, indeed Abidal is a major doubt. Mascherano is probably going back into the defence.

So consider, if united can have a good share of possession, Hernandez, Rooney and Valencia going forward. Puyol and Pique are slow by anyones measure so if United could have Hernandez drawing pique out of the middle and Valencia getting the ball down the right and putting it in the middle. Rooney against Mascherano in the air....... only one winner!!!

United can cause a lot of problems to this ailing defence and the more I think about this game I see a United win.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
14:32 Sat 28 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Would disagree that Puyol and Pique are slow, for defenders they aren't, especially comparing them to Vidic and Ferdinand.

Mascherano has plenty of experience playing against Man United, and he's pretty good in the air for a small guy, so i wouldn't write him off against Rooney

The problem I see with Mascherano is his tackling, which is hard and usually gets the ball. But with foreign ref's they don't like hard challenges and with the likes of Hernandez, Nani and Valencia on the pitch, they could easily dive when Mascherano tackles them and try to win freekicks/pens

In midfield, united would need a defensive setup to see their share of the possession, which i don't see them doing

Try considering the Man United defence and what they have to deal with though, potentially Messi, Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro and whoever else, United are going to have a much much tougher time defending. Playing against probably the best player in the world and a few world champions, when at times they've been run ragged by just Torres, I find it hard to see anything but a Barca win
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
00:16 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Read my thought above, 3-1 Barca. With messi double, Villa and Rooney. Nearly 100% correct, if only Pedro hadn't scored and it was a Messi double. I should have bet on this.. ugh
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
20:57 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
My 4-1 prediction looked likely to happen

But like i said, uniteds defence couldn't cope with Messi, Villa and Pedro (all got goals) and Xavi and Iniesta both added to the midfield performance with their passing.

Said they wouldn't see their share of the possession too with that line up

Barca defence didn't have a bad game either, nullified the speed of Hernandez by catching him offside most times he got the ball played to him - making him one of the most useless players on the park.

As much as it pains me to say, Rooney did well to keep his head up - although he hasn't matured at all like Fergie said, he showed some character to keep going, and did well to score his goal (even though it shouldn't have stood because of the offside)

Berbatov was sorely missed by United, Golden Boot player not even on the bench? Fergie's cracking up!
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
21:47 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
zantetsukenz said:
My 4-1 prediction looked likely to happen

But like i said, uniteds defence couldn't cope with Messi, Villa and Pedro (all got goals) and Xavi and Iniesta both added to the midfield performance with their passing.

Said they wouldn't see their share of the possession too with that line up

Barca defence didn't have a bad game either, nullified the speed of Hernandez by catching him offside most times he got the ball played to him - making him one of the most useless players on the park.

As much as it pains me to say, Rooney did well to keep his head up - although he hasn't matured at all like Fergie said, he showed some character to keep going, and did well to score his goal (even though it shouldn't have stood because of the offside)

Berbatov was sorely missed by United, Golden Boot player not even on the bench? Fergie's cracking up!

To some extent (bolded). During second half Rooney's head was most certainly down, everytime he wasn't getting the ball or lost it he was throwing mini-tantrums. He was losing it, Barcelona set out to wind him up I reckon. Easily done.
zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
22:39 Sun 29 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
But theres been times when his heads gone down, and then he just didn't bother, yet at times he did look like he might score again, but Hernandez provided him with no real help, Berbatov and maybe Owen would've been better options for him
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Champions League Final - 2011

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sport Chat.
Back to Forum List.