GTA V - Info now released

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.

bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
20:04 Wed 2 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
GTA V (Grand Theft Auto Five) Trailer has been released today, Since there were no threads I thought I'd create one for this. I watched the trailer twice, and I have to say it looks amazing!! Rockstar have confirmed that is to be set in San Andreas like the old GTA.

Many love this move, some hate. I love it and can't wait, as for Saints Row Third! So many good games coming out now that will get me away from Fifa!

Too many rumours on the main character for GTA V at the moment, what are your thoughts?

For those that have not seen the trailer ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QkkoHAzjnUs

And apparently this new GTA will be Disc-Free. So you will buy the game, but inside will just have a manual/ gift possibly and the download code.

Edited at 18:08 Wed 02/11/11 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:48 Wed 2 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Looking forward to it myself!

I was sat watching the countdown for the last 5 minutes for the trailer's release

Hopefully it's more arcadey like San Andreas was and less 'serious' than GTA IV.

GTA IV was good at times but it didn't do anything to keep me playing on and on like San Andreas did.

#Hype
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
20:57 Wed 2 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
rogan said:
Looking forward to it myself!

I was sat watching the countdown for the last 5 minutes for the trailer's release

Hopefully it's more arcadey like San Andreas was and less 'serious' than GTA IV.

GTA IV was good at times but it didn't do anything to keep me playing on and on like San Andreas did.

#Hype

I would of been counting down to, but I was 30 minutes late to seeing it because of traffic from college Yeah I understand what you mean, I really can't wait. Go on the youtube trailer again, the top rated comment '0:55 24-05-12' I think was the comment and they think that is the hinted release date as on the curb it said 2405.

I Loved them both but yeah, San Andreas was the game! Never off of it on PS2
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:42 Wed 2 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Looks great to me cant wait to play it!!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:37 Wed 2 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I wonder if they'll add any sort of online multiplayer.

Personally I'd rather they didn't, and just focused on making the game as good as possible.

I played about ten minutes of GTA IV multiplayer before I didn't bother with it again.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:32 Thu 3 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
the trailer didn't impress me too much but hopefully they will release another one with some actual gameplay in it.

i quite liked san andreas as you could do lots of stuff on it and glad its based on this new one.

bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
00:56 Thu 3 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I loved this trailer, looks amazing. Yep, San andreas will be great. Some people think there may be extra cities to go to
the_diamond
the_diamond
01:17 Thu 3 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
bunrzybhoy said:

And apparently this new GTA will be Disc-Free. So you will buy the game, but inside will just have a manual/ gift possibly and the download code.

First of many "Cloud" format of gaming. An online server where you pay to access the games.
bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
01:22 Thu 3 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
the_diamond said:
bunrzybhoy said:

First of many "Cloud" format of gaming. An online server where you pay to access the games.

They may be doing that, but they are selling it in shops and you will receive the code in it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:27 Thu 3 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I don't like that 'no-disk' option.

What if I lose my account or something like that?

I'll have no access to the product I bought.

bunrzybhoy
bunrzybhoy
01:29 Thu 3 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
rogan said:
I don't like that 'no-disk' option.

What if I lose my account or something like that?

I'll have no access to the product I bought.

It will be stored on the hard-drive, i'm sure there will be some sort of problem around this. But this might not be the case, they may only be wanting to release SOME of these disc-free. It isn't confirmed that they will sell all 100% disc-free!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:48 Thu 3 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
hope not, i prefer discs than without but a download wouldn't hurt either.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:59 Thu 3 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
rogan said:
I wonder if they'll add any sort of online multiplayer.

Personally I'd rather they didn't, and just focused on making the game as good as possible.

I played about ten minutes of GTA IV multiplayer before I didn't bother with it again.

The whole team deathmatch modes etc were a waste of time, free roam with your mates was fantastic fun though.
the_diamond
the_diamond
01:34 Fri 4 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
People will simply have to accept advancements in technology. People hated the original change from CD to MP3, but look at how it's boomed. How many people you see walking around with a walkman plugged in?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:10 Fri 4 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
the_diamond said:
People will simply have to accept advancements in technology. People hated the original change from CD to MP3, but look at how it's boomed. How many people you see walking around with a walkman plugged in?

Where I live, people can't afford walkmans
fry06
fry06
03:30 Fri 4 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Should be good to have GTA back

Ahhh i remember San Andreas on PS2....how amazing were the graphics
_pro__frog_
_pro__frog_
11:21 Fri 4 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
just watched the trailer and it does look pretty awesome
nickh87
nickh87
04:37 Sun 6 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just to put a downer on it, probably wont come out till spring 2013 maybe later, will get delayed a few times i'm guessing.

San Andreas was the best GTA so this one will be amazing
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:43 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
the_diamond said:

Well whether or not it is an advancement is yet to be seen. Just because it's new technology doesn't mean it's better.

I still used the old pool table colours and old cursor on this game, even though there's newer more advanced ones.

It just seems impractical right now. If you have bad internet it could take you hours to download the whole game, and if your hard drive is broken/stolen/corrupted, you'll have to spend hours downloading it next time.

Plus, I like having the boxes on my shelf
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

GTA V - Info now released

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Technology chat.
Back to Forum List.